Got half a Ludwig Rocker II

I know it may offend some people's sensitivities, but I sometimes wonder why the drums need to match. Kind of like a big monolithic wall of identical kitchen cabinets, lacking individual character. I am a fan of unfitted kitchens, so maybe unfitted drums might be my style.

If I end up with your floor, I will probably just leave them as is at least for now. I already have a cool sticker theme happening that will work well with a white floor tom. Or could always do what Winston did.

Re: Got half a Ludwig Rocker II (update)

Thanks to Mr. sethlowden, I got a floor tom. Just needed a good cleaning, a couple of small repairs and a hoop. Some of the lugs were pitted pretty bad but luckily I had the lugs from the other floor (see post #1) which were in much better shape so I used mostly those. Thanks again, sir!

The floor tom's white but that's cool. I will probably eventually re-wrap the kit but for the time being I'm going to leave it as-is. I put some funky stickers on the kit to cover up some scratches and ordered a cool red army star sticker for the floor to kind of unify it with the kick and tom. Also installed a bracket for my cymbal holder on the kick and got an anchor 'cause those spurs are a bit flimsy.

It will be a great little gigging kit and sounds really good. Here's a couple of quick pics of it so far. I'll set up a complete kit some time next week and take some more.

chye.jpg

ju0.jpg

Hey, looks good there! Makes me happy it worked out!!

Me too. I'm happy to give an old drum some use. And it's really nice to have a 16" floor tom again. I really like a big separation between my tom and floor, something that is tough to get with the 12-14 setup on my other kits. These two naturally sit at about a fifth apart which I love.

Got some Ludwig mojo goin' on. No splay ;)

USA Ludwig Rockers are great drums. I really like them. You'll never get sounds like that for a similar price point. I think the Frankenstein look there is pretty cool. Nice thing is you'll always be able to find additional single drums to give yourself more options.

USA Ludwig Rockers are great drums. I really like them. You'll never get sounds like that for a similar price point. I think the Frankenstein look there is pretty cool. Nice thing is you'll always be able to find additional single drums to give yourself more options.

Thanks! I doubt I will need additional drums but who knows, maybe I'll pick up a 13" tom at some point.

They do sound pretty good and the great thing is that they aren't in demand like keystone and B/O badge drums so they can be had for really cheap compared to those. I think they're the hidden gems of the vintage market.

Re: Ludwig Rocker II

Okay last time I'll bother y'all with this. Here's the whole kit set up with the stars added to the floor tom. I think it looks kinda cool. Still may re-wrap in the future though.

And jeez, I'm really liking the sound of these drums. Punchy and fat with an Emad on the kick and coated G2 batters on the toms, all of which I already had lying around. For less than $300, including the repairs and little things I added to it, this kit is turning out to be a good little investment. Just need an Acrolite to round it off, hehe. Can't wait to try her out on a stage!

ggij.jpg

73qy.jpg

s3k1.jpg

cc52.jpg

Okay last time I'll bother y'all with this. Here's the whole kit set up with the stars added to the floor tom. I think it looks kinda cool. Still may re-wrap in the future though.

And jeez, I'm really liking the sound of these drums. Punchy and fat with an Emad on the kick and coated G2 batters on the toms, all of which I already had lying around. For less than $300, including the repairs and little things I added to it, this kit is turning out to be a good little investment. Just need an Acrolite to round it off, hehe. Can't wait to try her out on a stage!

ggij.jpg

73qy.jpg

s3k1.jpg

cc52.jpg
Nice kit i was looking at the previous photo and was going to suggest a white snare...looks like I don't. have to...lol

Congrats,
Bonzolead

Nice kit i was looking at the previous photo and was going to suggest a white snare...looks like I don't. have to...lol

Congrats,
Bonzolead

Yeah, that's my Catalina snare. I figured white with white would look good. Thanks!

Back