Bring on the NAMM Info. & Photos!

RobertM

Platinum Member
Please! It's Jan. 11--the waiting is over!

Let's see the new goods by Ludwig, Sakae, Noble & Cooley, Yamaha, etc.!

If I could see just one picture from NAMM 2011, I would want to see an acoustic Yamaha drum hanging from a Hexrack. This would give me hope that they may be making them again.

dAMM.......

Landed in Orange County around 230pm today. Here is the sunset at Newport Beach. Will be heading to the hotel near the convention center tonight :)

163477_10100193374363121_10000924_57454324_3609484_n.jpg

If I could see just one picture from NAMM 2011, I would want to see an acoustic Yamaha drum hanging from a Hexrack. This would give me hope that they may be making them again.
Yes, can someone force an answer out of Yamaha on their plans for the hexrack. I love Yamaha hardware, but their customer communication on this subject is dreadful. Their online brochure still features a product that's apparently "officially discontinued" according to both Yamaha UK & USA, so why is it still in the brochure? Come on Yamaha, let's have an official corporate announcement please. Are you, or aren't you? Do we go buy something else, or do we wait?

Yes, can someone force an answer out of Yamaha on their plans for the hexrack. I love Yamaha hardware, but their customer communication on this subject is dreadful. Their online brochure still features a product that's apparently "officially discontinued" according to both Yamaha UK & USA, so why is it still in the brochure? Come on Yamaha, let's have an official corporate announcement please. Are you, or aren't you? Do we go buy something else, or do we wait?

I thought this was funny; a few years ago when Peter Erskine switched from Yamaha to DW (rumor has it he wanted the light flat-based hardware to use and Yamaha wouldn't accommodate him, so he went), we were trying to get one of our NAMM folks to go ask Yamaha how they could screw that one up. It was funny at the time. If it was true, that Peter wanted flat-based hardware, how hard would it have been for Yamaha to accommodate? They make everything else in the world....

I think the answer is Quality and design costs.

Yamaha doesn't want go over one day. If they make a product (wether it be for an artist or production line) they want it to have the quality we all know. And they probable didn't have enough man/money to vouch for that quality.

You can see it goes even further now they stopped making the Signature snaredrum line.

And probably other things have played a part to in the decision not making the flatbased stands (imo you don't throw away years of friendship only because a product can't be made)

Who knows.

What I do know Yamaha is presenting some nice things again :D

Yamaha cutting sig snare production was a shock to me.

With regards to flat based hardware, Yamaha is very firm about what they feel should be made and they don't deviate. If they think something is inferior they won't touch it. That could be part of it.

Nice pic Andy

Yamaha cutting sig snare production was a shock to me.

With regards to flat based hardware, Yamaha is very firm about what they feel should be made and they don't deviate. If they think something is inferior they won't touch it. That could be part of it.

More likely, they didn't think they'd get enough of the market share on a flat base series of stands to justify the cost.

Nothing inferior at all with the quality of my DW flat base stands at all. They are very sturdy, and don't need a delicate hand (if they were not A+, I wouldn't use them anyway).

But, having to need a straight, a boom, a snare, and hat stand for a whole line gets into some serious R&D time, tooling, testing....$$$

I mean, I really dig my flat base stuff, but how many people have it in their mind it might not hold up, or worse might topple over?

MOST people probably do--or at the least they'd rather just FEEL safer with nothing less than double braced, or maybe a single braced stand.

Can't blame someone who wouldn't wanna take a chance on seeing their $3-400 ride take a trip the other way (I don't use a FB boom either)!

Yamaha's single braced stuff has always been fantastic, and it's not that heavy anyway, so I don't blame them for not investing in basically what amounts to the "vintage" look, or a stand that ends up only being a pound or 2 less weight than a single braced stand.

Last edited:
Looking for hi-res or good images of the new Mapex Black Panther 'Blaster' kit if anyone gets any. Thanks in advance!

The real drool about the Yamaha announcements is the reissue of the Recording Custom in 45 sets of the earliest color offerings, including the drool-drool-drool finish of MELLOW YELLOW!!!!!!

Too bad these kits will be expensive, have pre-YESS mounts, and have 60 degree edges. Alas...

I think its a Plus having these specs. I like the old rc s better then the new ones. And i know a lot of other cats do to

And the price isnt that much higher than putting a set totgether in the same specs.

Back