Neil Peart

Oh this does provide entertainment. Sad I have to leave to do two weeks' worth of laundry now. See you in an hour and a half!

And that's fine. I don't happen to be an NP fan, but Michael trying to say that me saying NP is overrated (in defence of another poster he's personally attacked) is a personal insult is kind of funny. Opinions are opinions - that's fine. No qualms with that - most of the musicology work I do at the moment hinges on that very fact (graphical notation, influence of Stockhausen, death of the Author, Nattiez, etc) but Michael doesn't seem to quite understand this. Kind of funny. Makes me giggle anyway.

You may wanna rephrase the second sentence, Mr. Mediocre.

Your memory seems to be a little short, ie...

see the "Who is your favorite drummer(s) thread.

Oops! ;-)

Oh yes.

Absolutely!

NP is "one" of the greatest drummers ever.

I except that.

Thanks Steamer! ;-)

As long as you except and allow others to be free to express as I suggested a different or differing opinion on this matter with all due respect for all involved without getting personal we are all truly on the same page.

I ACCEPT that this is a Neil Peart thread, but it's been personal and tiresome for several posts now. It would be good EXCEPT for the personal nature of the posts.

As long as you except that others are free to express as I suggested a different or differing opinion on this matter with all due respect for all involved we are all truly on the same page.

Absolutely!

Just not any demeaning comments that serve no purpose but to entice negativity.

Whether it's their opinion or not.

That's NOT respectful. And I don't except that!

PERIOD

I ACCEPT that this is a Neil Peart thread, but it's been personal and tiresome for several posts now. It would be good EXCEPT for the personal nature of the posts.

Agreed!

Hopefully we can get back on topic.

With a more "positive" tone.

Mr. NP deserves no less.

Absolutely!

Just not any demeaning comments that serve no purpose but to entice negativity.

Whether it's their opinion or not.

That's NOT respectful. And I don't except that!

PERIOD

As long as you percieve and understand that each is entitled to their own opinion which may not agree with yours and that this counter stance does NOT equate to a negative attack against the individual in question then we agree.

As long as you percieve and understand that each is entitled to their own opinion which may not agree with yours and that this counter stance does not equate to a negative attack against the individual in question then we agree.

Wow!

You sound like the greatest Democrat...EVER!

;-)

As long as you percieve and understand that each is entitled to their own opinion which may not agree with yours and that this counter stance does NOT equate to a negative attack against the individual in question then we agree.

Steamer, you and I may sometimes disagree on many things - but what Michael doesn't understand is that this is actually a forum rule. Now I hope he's aware that all the abusive PM's he's been sending me as well as a number of these posts have been sent to the moderators. What they choose to do is their choice, but he's been banned before under a different moniker. It's true what they say - true fools really don't learn.

Steamer, you and I may sometimes disagree on many things - but what Michael doesn't understand is that this is actually a forum rule. Now I hope he's aware that all the abusive PM's he's been sending me as well as a number of these posts have been sent to the moderators. What they choose to do is their choice, but he's been banned before under a different moniker. It's true what they say - true fools really don't learn.

And once again, you continue to believe I'm someone else.

You mirror that last sentence.

I got a bunch of free posters from Ludwig when I was a kid. They were of all of Neil Pearts huge kits. I never heard his drumming until I was well into my teens. I took the posters down shortly after that.

I've read some interviews with him and he seems like a nice guy, but as far as his drumming goes I'm not really a Neil Peart "fan"....

I got a bunch of free posters from Ludwig when I was a kid. They were of all of Neil Pearts huge kits. I never heard his drumming until I was well into my teens. I took the posters down shortly after that.

I've read some interviews with him and he seems like a nice guy, but as far as his drumming goes I'm not really a Neil Peart "fan"....

That's cool, Garvin.

To each his own.

A respectful post, here.

Those posters and banners appear on ebay from time to time. They do fetch a lot of money. I think that his new stuff is on a DW poster and there are still sabian posters out there.

Hey...

There's an echo in here.

ie...see post # 557 & # 560

;-)

Back