Steve Morrison

Re: Steve Morrison - pro drum tech (Tommy Lee)

Hey Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to answer fan questions. That's really cool of you. My question that I wanted to ask was more about his Shout at the Devil kit. I know it was talked about a little bit but I was wondering if maybe Tommy himself would or could remember anything about it. What the sizes were? What cymbal sizes? Heads? Anything about it would be cool. On a side note. We saw Crue play in Montreal and St John, NB and Tommy's kit has got to be the best sounding live kit I've ever had the privilege to hear. His kick and the floors were just incredible.

Thanks!!

Lou

Hey Stevo, everything ok? Haven't heard from you since January. I know you're busy and hope it is just that. I'm sure all of us folks are just concerned that you are ok is all. Look forward to hearing from you again!

First post to this thread - and hoping Steve is okay (and just very busy)....

Steve,

Hoping that you get to this, I've always been curious how much of Tommy's studio sound is acoustic and how much is sampled. I used to listen to Hooligan's Holiday over and over when it first came out, in awe of his sound - especially his bass drum sound. It's just SICK....especically through the bridge. It's not just the sound itself, but the clarity. When I crank that tune and tweak my audio system's sub, it's as if I'm standing next to his bass drum while he's playing.

Wow....

Hoping that you get to this, I've always been curious how much of Tommy's studio sound is acoustic and how much is sampled. I used to listen to Hooligan's Holiday over and over when it first came out, in awe of his sound - especially his bass drum sound. It's just SICK....especically through the bridge. It's not just the sound itself, but the clarity. When I crank that tune and tweak my audio system's sub, it's as if I'm standing next to his bass drum while he's playing.

Wow....

Sick it is! The bass drum sound on that album is in your face. I especially love it on "Babykills."

Sick it is! The bass drum sound on that album is in your face. I especially love it on "Babykills."

That too...though I was listening back to the album and his intro in sixteenths to Power To The Music sounds pretty damned sick, too.... :)

FYI gang, Steve is currently teching for Ginger Fish on the Manson Tour...

Hey Steve,

Thanks heaps for joining this site and giving your time up o fill us in with some great info. But now i like you even better because you are no tech for GINGER FISH, thats amazing, he is my fav drummer ever.....

i wish i signed up here earlier cos i saw the manson tour in australia a few weeks back n if i was on here i couldve got to meet you and maybe see gingers kit....

hope tour is great, can you post his set up and electronics ect.... and give us some idea wat its like doing the manson tour and about ginger playing.....

thanks heaps

Hey all, Spoke to steevo via the internet a few days ago and he is extremely busy! I won't give out his e-mail for reasons of him being bombarded with letters, etc....but he is doing great as always and as far as i understand, is going to take some much needed alone time with family and friends over Christmas. I'll let him know to check out some new posts on here next time i talk with him......
peace...

Anyone catch the Crue last night on Jimmy Kimmel? I saw it on Youtube today. Tommy's bass drum had to be 40" in diameter. Just sick.

And to think I'm building my 32" up to do a Crue tribute band.

Hi, first time here.

I'm not seeing (based on the photos) how the left gigantic kickdrum gets used. Not seeing a pedal attached to it.

Just wondering how it works.

Hi, first time here.

I'm not seeing (based on the photos) how the left gigantic kickdrum gets used. Not seeing a pedal attached to it.

Just wondering how it works.
there is a single pedal attached to that kickdrum

Steve i am going to be in Indy Friday and would love to chat with you for a few minutes.

SteveO I know you're busy i was wondering why you haven't replied in a while?

Peace

What type of cymbal stacker does tommy use on his ride to connect his Zil-Bel?
i just got a new zil-bel and need a lower stacker

It's just a DW felt cut in half; at least that is how I did it; Viggy might have it a different way.

Hey guys, I'm back! It's been a long time. Since last on here; I left Tommy in April 2007 to start working with Ginger Fish(Marilyn Manson). I was out all last year on that; now I am freelancing in the L.A. area and have my own band called Grace & Manners. I am still here to answer any and all questions regarding gear. Much love!!!!

Back