But I didn't mean to!!!

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
VISTA, Calif. (AP) — The lead singer of the band As I Lay Dying has been sentenced to six years in prison for plotting to kill his wife.

U-T San Diego reports 33-year-old Timothy Lambesis was sentenced Friday in San Diego County. He had pleaded guilty to soliciting murder.

Authorities say Lambesis hired an undercover sheriff's detective to kill Meggan Lambesis last year. The singer said she had restricted his visits with their children after a separation, and he also was angry that his wife would get a large share of his income in a divorce settlement.

His attorney said Lambesis acted out of character and the behavior was sparked by steroid use.

As I Lay Dying was formed in San Diego in 2000. The metal band was nominated for a Grammy in 2008.

Can't say I'll miss AILD but I will miss Austrian Death Machine (Arnold Schwarzenegger cover band)- that stuff was hilarious.
Here's the Wikipedia link for those of you asking "WTF is an Arnie cover band"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_Death_Machine
His wife is certainly fortunate that the "hitman" he attempted to hire was an undercover cop. Apparently he was caught on tape saying "In case I'm not making myself clear, I DO want her dead"...

Back