Having trouble asking a girl out in college

Then do the only sane thing there is to do. Murder-suicide. :D

That was a joke by the way.

I'd hope so! Really it's not worth getting upset over, there's really nothing I could've done differently. That was the main point I think he was trying to stress the entire time we were talking, don't feel at all like it's me that's the reason we can't be together, it's her. Since she is hands down the coolest girl I have ever met and one of the coolest people I've met in a long time, I'm glad to say that I have her as a friend!

Somehow spread a rumor about the excess size of your man parts. This will create a buzz among the others too. All of a sudden, you're desirable. Then you ask her out. Can't lose.

Remember she said she was a vegetarian.

Son if you ain't dippin by now its time to be slippin............try the sax player atleast her technique is in conjuction with a plausable entertaining endeavor based on fun and needs. Dating a guitar player just didn't sound right, they're sooooooooooo loud and stupid! Doc

Son if you ain't dippin by now its time to be slippin............try the sax player atleast her technique is in conjuction with a plausable entertaining endeavor based on fun and needs. Dating a guitar player just didn't sound right, they're sooooooooooo loud and stupid! Doc

I can't help but notice that you don't really like guitar players... any reasons Doc? (except than too loud and stupid)

.........nope the Loud & Stupid just about sums it up!!! Doc

Not her, and our sax players are all at least 40 if not older.

Attitude over age everytime, you can meet a beautifull woman who looks to be your perfect example of ALL your needs and her attitude is exactly what you hate!!!! The Attitude must come first then the other stuff falls into place as you gain more experiences. Wow 40 huh!!! I guess its relative because 40 is pretty young to me but if I remember right even as a 20 to 25 year old 40 was NEVER to old for me. You just might learn a few things if you know what I mean, don't get hurt!! hahahaha!! Doc

I said 40 just because I think one of them may be around 40, one of them looks between 50 and 65, and the other's a dude in the same age range. The 40 year old one also I'm pretty sure plays for the other team. So yeah, if you wanna date a hot female musician, go for the guitar players :).

If you don't, someone else might, and you will be kicking yourself for it. She can't hurt you. The worst she can say is get lost. At least you will of tried.

Awesome - what a great thread! Between sticks' and eddie you've got the manic and the depression of it summed up.

You could just go over and ask her - like taking off a bandaid - do it quick with no time to procrastinate..... she might just say yes, but then she might look at you like a disease and then cause you 2 full years of torment and humiliation at college.....

There - that should make it all easier ;-)

Awesome - what a great thread! Between sticks' and eddie you've got the manic and the depression of it summed up.

You could just go over and ask her - like taking off a bandaid - do it quick with no time to procrastinate..... she might just say yes, but then she might look at you like a disease and then cause you 2 full years of torment and humiliation at college.....

There - that should make it all easier ;-)

You're a little behind my friend. Go back a ways for the full details, but I already asked. She left me hanging ("can I get back to you on that?"), so I talked to one of my teachers who plays in a band with her and is great friends with her and he said it's probably a no. We talked again today. They hung out last night after class and he asked her about it and she said "he's a nice guy but I don't know"- so there you go, on that level this isn't happening.

I really could use some help though with something else related to this situation. Last week when we were just talking about me hanging out with her, he casually said something like "if you wanna hang out with us sometime I'm down". And today he disclosed pretty much everything about there Monday night hangouts sans the address of the location (his house)- so I feel like that may have been sort of an indirect invitation. Or you could think of it this way, if it was some super secret, he wouldn't have let me in on it, and he just mentioned it to me now after all the times he could have.

So here's the question. He's a very busy man, has a lot going on in his life and I have a feeling that for us to hang out, it's gonna have to be me that suggests we do so. So my question is, is there a way that I could perhaps remind him of his offer and ask to join them without seeming invasive?

She left me hanging ("can I get back to you on that?"), so I talked to one of my teachers who plays in a band with her and is great friends with her and he said it's probably a no. We talked again today. They hung out last night after class and he asked her about it and she said "he's a nice guy but I don't know"- so there you go, on that level this isn't happening.

Nah man, just try again, until she goes on a date with you she isn't really going to know. Story - I tried it on one night and got turned down pretty hard. Tried again the following day and found success. It's been 3 years and I'm still with her. Just don't turn into a stalker! If you have made a few attempts and it really isn't happening, then sure, let it go, but once isn't really enough.

And at the same time, go after other girls, just because you like one, doesn't mean you can't have fun with others. I wish someone had given me this advice when I was younger.

I really could use some help though with something else related to this situation. Last week when we were just talking about me hanging out with her, he casually said something like "if you wanna hang out with us sometime I'm down". And today he disclosed pretty much everything about there Monday night hangouts sans the address of the location (his house)- so I feel like that may have been sort of an indirect invitation. Or you could think of it this way, if it was some super secret, he wouldn't have let me in on it, and he just mentioned it to me now after all the times he could have.

Sounds like an invitation to me - perhaps he's helping you out by lining up the opportunity to get to know her / them better. Very nice of this dude. I'd say tell him you'd like to hangout - ask what time is good and be fashionably late (like 20 mins so you're not the first one there - then he gets to do the introduction and you in like Flynn) .... (yes, I know it's in like Flint but that's the Australian version of the saying).

Be cool man

Back