Great links for drummers

Re: great links for drummers

billy ward said:
Not one soul has mentioned my site, which has a VERY active forum. Please pay us a visit if you like...
www.billyward.com

Absolutely - why could we forget that - THE forum - moderated by Billy Ward himself.

When Drummerworld-Forum was down and there was no hope around, it was Billy himself, who encouraged me to reopen.....

Take a look - join in - and put in some smart comments...it's a wild bunch...give them some...

Bernhard

check out drum bum that's a fantastic site with loads of internet lessons for those who are teaching themselves!

NUTHA JASON said:

Interestingly enough, he is playing the 6-stroke roll wrong ;-) The proper sticking is R ll rr L R ll rr L R etc.

He's playing R rr ll R L rr ll R R ll rr L R...ughh, that's three times harder than the right way!

Uggh, and his flam accents and swiss triplets aren't even triplets..he's playing 16th 16th 8th (awkward pause) 16th 16th 8th (awkward pause).

I wouldn't recommend this one at all.

Smoky_McPot said:
Drum companies? Well i hope you dont mean www.vicfirth.com
Absolutely the best rudiment site i have seen, vids of them all basically

No I mean like Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Zildjian...to name a few.

Anyway, here are mine:

For learning how to count

Not for begginers

Some easy stuff and famous beats

nice long videos explaining good jazz technique (Manchester, UK based drummer)

http://www.artverdi.com/video.html

rudiments around the kit

A good start to force yourself to learn open-handed playing

List of websites that has less dead links than drum bum

Good list of online lessons. Not finished yet, but promising.

A guy who studied at the same school as me, very good drumset stuff

And the usual others, vicfirth.com being my favorite for snare stuff.

Last edited:
Cool Website

My hubby just discovered this:

http://www.cactusjack.com/index.html

You could stay busy for a week looking around here. But no mention of Drummerworld ... Bernhard, you know it's not a definitive list of drum links if your domain isn't listed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's a new one >>> www.drummers-paradise.com/forum <<< its nly just started up and awaiting more members. personally i love it!! just as i love this one!

the actual site >> www.drummers-paradise.com << is a blog site about drums, related things, life and everything!!!

take a peep!!

louis
x

I want to mention a new site that's officially having a "grand opening" soon in November. www.drummerconnection.com It's completely free and you can upload a profile of yourself with pics, audio, video etc.. There will also be reviews, articles, discussion groups, and a lot more.

hi, i just wanted to ask where i can find any Modern Drummer magazine online versions, i mean archive, it may be some separate articles.. thanx

Hey just wanted to let you all know anybody in Denver this weekend..... RMPA is having a day of percussion with the blue knights drumline and a lot of ver good teachers including bill bachmen. Also will anybody let me know when you hear of a jeff queen clinic in colorado?? Thanks!

Back