PLAY ALONG SONGS (best favourite)

Re: favorite songs to play along with

The Wizard (Ozzy) SOtD version
Twilight (ELO) (It is one of the first songs I messed with using my massive two-piece snare/cymbal combo). I remember thinking, "Man, just one more drum and I'll be in heaven."
The Trooper (Iron Maiden)

i like playing along to stuff with really simple beats, that way you can add stuff in if you feel like it.
Its easier to play complicated over a simple song than to play simple over a complicated song.
thats the way i see it.

for me its gotta be communication breakdown by led zeppelin....

All are Rush exept one.

1. La villa strangiato
2. Red Barchetta
3. Limelight
4. YYZ
5. D'yer Maker (easy as hell but fun)

All of these are from my old drum books that i mastered a few years ago.

Good times bad times-Led Zeppelin
Rainy Day-Sherl Crow
Tom Sawyer-Rush
Young and Restless-Prism
Rosanna-Toto
Copa Cabana

Mats/morgan band version of "Chicken".

Well, aside from 2 songs my band does that I really don't like all that much ... most everything I play I picked because it's fun ... it would be tough to pick even a few favorites, tho if I had to I'd say Elvis Costello's Peace, Love & Understanding and Pump It Up because I do love pounding those toms!! Otherwise, most of Fleetwood Mac, most of Bryan Adams, some Aerosmith, some Guess Who, some Cheap Trick, some Eurythmics, and anything at all with Kenny Aronoff drumming just because it blows my mind to think I can come close to doing something he's done.
I've got some classic rock/funk CD's on the way, so there'll be a whole new list in a day or two!

I just made a CD of all the songs I like to drum to and hope someday to be able play the whole CD without stopping. Only one I can play through without messing up is the 1st one. took awhile though because the Tab says it's the same beat through the whole song but when you listen to it it does change a little at some spots.

1) starts with Billie Jean (nice lil warmup)
2) T. Petty, you dont know how it feels.
3) Collective soul--shine ( my favorite so far ) almost got it down pat.
4) AC/DC--back in black ( I have conflicting tabs on this and not sure which one is right)
5) B. Sabbath--Iron Man
6) Led Zepp.-- Kashmir
7) Boston, --Rock and roll band
8) ZZ top----Tush
9) Weezer---sweater song
10) Hollies---Long cool woman
11) Zepp.---Dyer Makr
12)B. sabbath, ---Paranoid
13) KISS---Rock and roll allnight

I like to put on any Supergrass album and jam along to the whole thing. "In it for the money" really rocks - specially the opening 2 or 3 tracks. "Life on other planets" gets the big two thumbs up too.

I'm not a very good drummer (yet) and prefer straight forward rock stuff. And Supergrass keep it pretty simple (something to do with being a three-piece I guess), but so energetic and tight. Would LOVE to see them live.

Also like the Killers. And the Primal Scream album that no one else seems to like (Give out but don't give up) offers some really good jamming material. Also the whole Bossanova album by the Pixies. And much more, but that's all for now.

Ummm, Coheed and Cambria- The Suffering, Dreamtheater- This Dying Soul, and Blink 182- First Date.

These are not the hardest but I just LOVE to jam to them!

Michael Jackson - Heal The World
TOTO - Rosanna
TOTO - Jake To The Bone
TOTO - Good For You
Steely Dan - Bodhisattva
Dream Theater - Hollow Years

1. dream theater - as i am
2. rage - bulls on parade
3. sixpounder - children of bodom

Rush - Leave That Thing Alone
Foo Fighters - DOA
Rush - YYZ
Michael McDonald - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Boston - Taking My Time
Pantera - Cemetery Gates

Since you like Toto, the Toto Version of this tune is even better. It's on the "Through the Looking Glass" CD.

Robin said:
These are not the hardest but I just LOVE to jam to them!

Steely Dan - Bodhisattva

Hold the Groove...

I'd agree with that. Use the drumtrack in the headphones as your metronome, and add your riffs over the top of it. If you are out of time in the slightest, it doesn't sound quite right when you "re-join".

Sober - Tool, it took a while to learn Danny's crazy fills, but the rest of the song is such a fat groove. i love it.
Toxicity - System of a Down, that one is just fun.

Back