Improving your single bass playing

Are you just using heel toe?

Also, do you have any tips on doing heel toe with your heel off of the pedal?

What if you have a crappy pedal can you still get fast or does the pedal help? Thks Tim

Its not gonna make up for technique, but a nicer (not to mention correctly adjusted) pedal will help you play faster and more cleanly.

I think double bass is an excellent skill to learn even if you don't have much need for it. My band used to make fun of me for practicing it even though we don't use it in our music, until the right beater broke right at the beginning of a song live and I finished it with my left foot. :) Can't hurt to have it in your arsenal.

Its not gonna make up for technique, but a nicer (not to mention correctly adjusted) pedal will help you play faster and more cleanly.

I think double bass is an excellent skill to learn even if you don't have much need for it. My band used to make fun of me for practicing it even though we don't use it in our music, until the right beater broke right at the beginning of a song live and I finished it with my left foot. :) Can't hurt to have it in your arsenal.
Yes Ive had this happen before LOL
but since then I always use the FALAMS pad on the bassdrum end of problems
Tim

Back