problem with dw 5000 pedal

moe.ron

Silver Member
hey guys i have a dw 5000 accelerator pedal that i've had close to 4 or 5 years now. the problem is when i play my claw and tightening screw loosen and my bass drum wiggles free. most of the time it just gets loose and shifts but sometimes it completely gets out and lands on the floor. i have a locking washer on there now and it still loosens has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Does the tightening screw seem like it has stripped the threads of the receiving hole at all? If so, you may have to resort to thread tape to get the snugness it needs.

Does the tightening screw seem like it has stripped the threads of the receiving hole at all? If so, you may have to resort to thread tape to get the snugness it needs.

or rethread it with a tap

Its a DW, what do you expect?

Have you tried simply lubing the hoop clamp screws threads?

Last edited:
its not stripped because it locks down nice and tight but the vibration from playing it makes it wiggle loose and lose its grip

Try bringing down the round nut on top of the clamp a little and see if that helps.
It just might be a little too loose for your hoop, even though it seems tight.
The nut usually has an allen screw to keep it in place, so if it's REALLY hard to turn, that's why.

if it's already coming loose won't lube just make that problem worse

Dry threads have less holding power, plus you can't get them as tight. When threads are wet, they bend easier.

its not stripped because it locks down nice and tight but the vibration from playing it makes it wiggle loose and lose its grip

Classic symptom of dry threads

i've tried tightening the "toe clamp" as i call it. the part that actually grabs the hoop and i get that tight then turn the screw and it still gets loose. could it be due to the fact that the underside of the hoop is worn down and now smooth and so are the parts of the pedal that the hoop sits on? i've put cork in there before but it didn't really work out, if thats the problem, anyone have any ideas?

i've tried tightening the "toe clamp" as i call it. the part that actually grabs the hoop and i get that tight then turn the screw and it still gets loose. could it be due to the fact that the underside of the hoop is worn down and now smooth and so are the parts of the pedal that the hoop sits on? i've put cork in there before but it didn't really work out, if thats the problem, anyone have any ideas?

... spin the hoop to a meaty part. I would go counter clockwise, unless you live below the equator, then go clockwise.

thank you guys. i'm gonna try to grease it up before i rotate the hoop

Back