Demon drive: The real deal, or gimmik?>

jesusdrumm3r

Okay okay, pearl does a fantastic job at hype for a new product, but i don't wanna fall for it just yet. WHo here owns a demon drive and can tell me straight up if they really like it? Oh and if you own a trick, Let me know what you think about that too. IM savin up to get either or :)

The true bottom line here is you really need to get your feet on some and try them. Everyone here can say they either love them or hate them but in the end your feet need to tell you if they are right for you.

For me personally I've tried them out a few times and they are not for me.

Just the overall feel of the pedal I didn't care for. The balance and feel just didn't work for me.

Alrighty thanks bro. I think im gonna take a two hour trip ya new jersey just to check out the trick pro v haha. Hey for a $320+ investment, I might as well.

Try them both, you may find that the demon drive works for you. While you are at it try some others as well, Axis, yamaha flying dragons if they have them, DW 5000, 9000, pearl eliminator. Try them all before you invest your money.

I've tried both and they are both awesome. If I could have either one I'd be pretty darn happy.

Still, if I had to choose one I'd choose the Tricks. Personal preference :)

pearls bad ripoff of axis/trick pedals, and they did a terrible job at ripping them off, axis and trick are better

pearls bad ripoff of axis/trick pedals, and they did a terrible job at ripping them off, axis and trick are better

Why do you advertise the fact that you play them then? And isn't the Trick just a ripoff of the Axis by your logic?

The new Pearl's are a top of the line pedal. I have them all, Axis (2 pairs), Trick, Eliminators. The Demon Drives are my favorite for double pedal use because the slave moves most like the main.

If I was using two bass drums, it would be a toss up between the Axis and the Demons.

BTW, the Pearl Eliminators are GREAT pedals, especially considering the price.

The Demon drive when delivered to stores, comes in a set configuration with the short board. Even if you change it to the long board, you will be trying it out in a store where it is already set to someone else's ideal. Looking at both pedals, you can see less friction in the demon drive then in the axis. Next thing you will notice is that you have more opportunity to adjust the demon drive to your own ideal. Look at two drummers and the way they use the pedals, no two drummers are alike. Each drummer has ergonomic differences that make them unique, and they will want their pedals set to a different ideal. I have a long board on my right foot and a short board on my left. However this can change if I want to. With axis you have a long board.

The response on the DD is horrible. My friends work at Guitarcenter and i sat down all day trying to tweak it. Never could get it to feel the way my axis does. If your gonna spend the money may as well go for an axis.

I own the double Pedal version of the Demon Drive and I absolutely love it!!

For me it was all about the customization, I sat down with it for about an hour and ended up with the perfect feeling pedal. I don't feel that I play any faster compared to non-direct link pedals, but my playing feels smoother. I prefer a light yet responsive feeling pedal, and I was able to get just that.

I know that some music stores rent out equipment, and if one near you does, you should inquire about renting some demon drives, to be able to truly tune them up to your liking, and see if they'd be worth the hefty chunk of change.

Just my 2 cents.

-Jonathan

I don't feel that I play any faster compared to non-direct link pedals, but my playing feels smoother.

In my very humble opinion, this pretty much sums up all the gear we use. A certain product, whether it be sticks, drum heads, pedals or drums themselves, will always have it's share of supporters and detractors....but the important thing is, 'How does it make us feel' when we use/play it?

Perception is everything when it comes to our gear....doesn't really matter if it's actually real or perceived, if you find it works for you personally, use it.....if you don't like it, then there's sure to be another product waiting on the shelf that will gain your approval.

Hence the best reply to a question like "should I buy a demon drive or an iron cobra?", is.....get your feet on both of 'em and see which one YOU prefer. One man's trash, is often another man's treasure.

In my very humble opinion, this pretty much sums up all the gear we use. A certain product, whether it be sticks, drum heads, pedals or drums themselves, will always have it's share of supporters and detractors....but the important thing is, 'How does it make us feel' when we use/play it?

Perception is everything when it comes to our gear....doesn't really matter if it's actually real or perceived, if you find it works for you personally, use it.....if you don't like it, then there's sure to be another product waiting on the shelf that will gain your approval.

Hence the best reply to a question like "should I buy a demon drive or an iron cobra?", is.....get your feet on both of 'em and see which one YOU prefer. One man's trash, is often another man's treasure.

Ya know man i completely agree. I was told a long time ago that it doesnt matter what you play, or how you play it, as long as your comfortable who cares!!!

Why do you advertise the fact that you play them then? And isn't the Trick just a ripoff of the Axis by your logic?

The new Pearl's are a top of the line pedal. I have them all, Axis (2 pairs), Trick, Eliminators. The Demon Drives are my favorite for double pedal use because the slave moves most like the main.

If I was using two bass drums, it would be a toss up between the Axis and the Demons.

BTW, the Pearl Eliminators are GREAT pedals, especially considering the price.

Perhaps he is just being brutally honest or very sarcastic. I found it quite funny too though haha.

Ya know man i completely agree. I was told a long time ago that it doesnt matter what you play, or how you play it, as long as your comfortable who cares!!!

When I read all these threads about all these pedals my observation seems to be this:

It doesn't matter how shitty you play, how bad your technique is, how bad your timing and groove is, as long as you play with the right gear. I cannot believe how many people fall for all this marketing nonsense.

Never forget that a drummer with great foot technique and a lousy pedal will always play more relaxed, with more power, faster and more precise than a drummer with lousy foot technique and a great pedal.

You can save a TON of money by actually working on your playing and technique instead of investing in overpriced bullcrap.

The question should not be: Pearl or Axis or Trick. The question should be: To practise or not to practise. Spend your money on good drumbooks and a teacher instead.

Just my opinion though.

You can save a TON of money by actually working on your playing and technique instead of investing in overpriced bullcrap.

The question should not be: Pearl or Axis or Trick. The question should be: To practise or not to practise. Spend your money on good drumbooks and a teacher instead.

AGREED! There is a reason the people with the most publicity, get offered to endorse & play the most overpriced and "pro" gear...cause they probably have chops like you read about. It helps to have popularity on your side, whether it's through your band or whatever, but either way...most people that are blazingly fast and wickedly independent ...not because of Ninja bearings and 7 way adustable fulcrums, and garbage driven flux capacitors...but because they busted their ass on a $250 set of IC's for ten years before someone recognized it.

AGREED! There is a reason the people with the most publicity, get offered to endorse & play the most overpriced and "pro" gear...cause they probably have chops like you read about. It helps to have popularity on your side, whether it's through your band or whatever, but either way...most people that are blazingly fast and wickedly independent ...not because of Ninja bearings and 7 way adustable fulcrums, and garbage driven flux capacitors...but because they busted their ass on a $250 set of IC's for ten years before someone recognized it.

I will thus assume you play with a set of $10 pedals, using a pair of tree branches for sticks, while sitting on a folding chair, right?

Back