DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Default AMEX points? Who knew?

So I get this email from American Express telling me about this point system they have. Apparently, the whole time I've been a customer, I've been accruing points from purchases that you can use later for gifts, or free money. When I looked into it, I actually had enough for a set of bags! Who knew? Wow.

I just received a set of the Ahead Armor bags to fit my Gretsch kit: 9x13, 16x16, 6.5x14, and 14x22. And the cool thing is the bass drum fits in the bag with the old school disappearing spurs just retracted into the drum (couldn't do that with the Humes & Berg Enduro hardcase). And even cooler is the bass drum bag has these side pockets to pick the drum up as if you were grabbing by the hoops. That's a nice touch!

I'm sure my aging back will appreciate less weight moving around, and the inside of my truck's quad cab won't get damaged by any errant drum hardware against the upholstery. It's nice to get useful things for free every now and then!

(I'm still debating on some Yamaha Crosstown hardware as I don't know how much lighter it is compared to my Pearl flat-based stuff. But I'll research that a bit).
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: AMEX points? Who knew?

Kudos to free stuff! I switched over from Protection Racket to all Ahead Armor bags within the last year or two. Very similar product but the teardrop design of the Ahead's makes it easier to take in/out the drums and they also fit a little better. Don't have the cymbal bags of theirs, I use Zildjian and MONO bags for now. Enjoy yours!
Old 12-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

I use Ahead Armor bags too. Awesome cases for sure! I can't believe I used to lug around those big plastic SKB things for all those years.
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member

Way cool. I recently got two heads and a pair of sticks from Evans / Pro Mark by using their points system. They even paid the shipping. Peace and goodwill.