DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Cymbals

Cymbals Discuss Cymbals

Old 12-09-2018, 04:05 AM

Default Soultone Cymbals warranty info

I recently purchased a couple Soultone cymbals off Amazon and have thought about buying a couple as gifts. I was curious about the warranty and how it was taken care of for cymbals bought through Amazon.

Here's what I rec'd from Soultone:
Thank you for your email. Amazon has their own warranty on the cymbals. With any other authorized dealer, the 1- year manufacturer warranty is applicable.
Our 1-year manufacturer warranty only applies to manufacture defects, accidental breakages are not covered by the warranty.

Best regards,

Laura
Soultone Cymbals
http://soultonecymbals.com/

In other words, Soultone cymbals through Amazon are not warrantied unless you buy the Asurion coverage. -which in all fairness to Soultone, is what I thought originally.

What I did not know was that their cymbals are not covered against breakage. That's disappointing to learn.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:02 AM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Soultone Cymbals warranty info

I don't think any company guarantees its cymbals against breakage, unless it's the direct result of a manufacturing defect. And good luck proving or getting the company to admit to it! But I imagine that some companies are a little more forgiving, and I'd think a cymbal that breaks immediately would be replaced without question. My gut tells me that Soultone is not one of those companies.

I think Guitar Center and Sam Ash offer warranty/insurance coverage for a price, and that breakage is covered, at least for a limited time. That is, you can't keep breaking a cymbal on a regular basis and expect it to be replaced every time.

Bermuda
Old 12-09-2018, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Soultone Cymbals warranty info

Fair enough, Bermuda.

My definition of "accidental breakage" may be different than the cymbal companies' definition.

When I worked at a music store, I sent in customers' cymbals from Sabian, Zildjian, and Paiste on warranty issues. Most of them were edge cracks and were replaced. Some of the ones which were obviously abused, weren't replaced.