Just an excuse to post a pic of my kit

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I put my Abe Laboriel kit away and set my Super Classic up again. So here's a picture.

But I have noticed that after playing the giant kit with the 28" bass drum for a few weeks, having everything in much closer has increased my speed a lot. So much so my groove is suffering a little bit. In a couple of days I should be back to normal. It is nice to be sitting a little lower, not having to reach too far away for stuff. My legs were at a different angle to the kit with the giant drums, so my technique changed a little. No matter - the muscle memory should happen right about......

Now ;)

Attachments

• Oysters-web.jpg
    Oysters-web.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 615
Yay - I'm glad to see you've hung on to that kit. One of my favorites.

I'm sure that with the amount of playing you've done, the transition between kits should take very little time.

Nice kit !
Several months back, I went from the replica JB Green Sparkle kit to the 22" Vistalites with a two up/two down config, and the extra mounted Tom made it a challenge to incorporate. Big difference sitting behind the kit and having the drums lower and in tighter with an extra Tom (on the right), even though it is basically the same layout (same size snare and floor Toms). Reaching the extra Tom was one thing, then properly executing hitting the Tom, was another.
Going from 26" to 22" I recently added a KickPort to help with the bass frequencies, and like the results. I kept the felt strips on.

That is a nice kit Bo. Definitely worth posting more that once.

I had a classic Luddy maple for a couple weeks, and man I wish I had kept it and put that wrap on it. Very few things in life I want, but a clear Vistalite and a black Maple are two of them. Just gotta wait for the right deal to come along.

I had a classic Luddy maple for a couple weeks, and man I wish I had kept it and put that wrap on it. Very few things in life I want, but a clear Vistalite and a black Maple are two of them. Just gotta wait for the right deal to come along.

Does it have to be a Vistalite? There are plenty of good clear acrylic kits out there.

But there's only one that says "Ludwig" on it ;)

Ludwig has some great mass-produced, reliably excellent snares. Some of their kits are pretty good when QC isn’t an issue. I would NOT put them in the top 3 makers of acrylic kits, though. At all. *shrug*

Ludwig has some great mass-produced, reliably excellent snares. Some of their kits are pretty good when QC isn’t an issue. I would NOT put them in the top 3 makers of acrylic kits, though. At all. *shrug*

You have a point. But they're the name that did it thanks to those early days with John Bonham and Karen Carpenter giving them the most exposure. Like Harley Davidson, Gibson, Fender, Martin, Ludwig is in that echelon of great brands that everyone knows about.

Back