How do I get Cruise Gig with a combo.

bjdrummer1

I want to play on a cruise ship with a small band or duo as entertainment. I sing harmony and play drums. I have played professionally for many years, have professional equipment and attitude. Reliable and eager to please.

You yourself getting put together with a combo or you already have the combo?

I worked with a talent booking agency once and they handled entire bands. Which would mean you have the combo, you've created a press kit and possibly a DVD for them to see initially, and then start taking bookings from them if they can use you. If they're aware you want to put the combo on a ship, they might know who to talk to so your package could get submitted to the right people.

You yourself getting put together with a combo or you already have the combo?

I worked with a talent booking agency once and they handled entire bands. Which would mean you have the combo, you've created a press kit and possibly a DVD for them to see initially, and then start taking bookings from them if they can use you. If they're aware you want to put the combo on a ship, they might know who to talk to so your package could get submitted to the right people.

Cruise ship gigs are awesome. I'm yet to get one, (lol), but from what I've heard, they're a lot of fun. Lots of cool free stuff too. Just be prepared to sleep in rooms they wouldn't even stick animals into.

I want to play on a cruise ship with a small band or duo as entertainment. I sing harmony and play drums. I have played professionally for many years, have professional equipment and attitude. Reliable and eager to please.

The standard routine is to have your combo together along with a press package about the group (audio or visual recordings are a must, plus photos and biographical material) and then either contact an agency that supplies groups to cruise lines AND/OR contact the Entertainment Departments of the shoreside operations of the cruise companies directly. Working through an agency means you'll have to give up a taste of your earnings to the agent, but they will have their fingers in a number of pies and already have contacts with the people at the cruise lines who pick the bands. Going directly means you'll keep all your cash, but you'll have to do all your negotiating and flogging yourself.

Cruise ship gigs are awesome. I'm yet to get one, (lol), but from what I've heard, they're a lot of fun. Lots of cool free stuff too. Just be prepared to sleep in rooms they wouldn't even stick animals into.

Well, the quality of accommodation depends on the cruise line and even the individual ship. The rooms are usually going to be small and shared with one other person, though a band leader may end up with a cabin to themselves depending on the situation. The cabins I've lived in, while small, were nice enough, and having someone come in to clean and tidy every day really helps. Standard cabins on any of the major lines are going to have a couple of single bunks, a desk, a small cupboard/closet for each person, a desk and a small bathroom with stand-up shower. Newer ships often have internet access piped right into individual cabins, and other conveniences.

Well, the quality of accommodation depends on the cruise line and even the individual ship. The rooms are usually going to be small and shared with one other person, though a band leader may end up with a cabin to themselves depending on the situation. The cabins I've lived in, while small, were nice enough, and having someone come in to clean and tidy every day really helps. Standard cabins on any of the major lines are going to have a couple of single bunks, a desk, a small cupboard/closet for each person, a desk and a small bathroom with stand-up shower. Newer ships often have internet access piped right into individual cabins, and other conveniences.

Plus your drum set and a couple amps. ;]

I've heard pluses & minuses about cruise ship gigs as in you can't talk or hang out with the patrons & you have a very tight schedule I'd do some research of the cruise line you're wanting too work for before accepting an offer.

Bonzolead

Back