Seriously? This can't be real.

uhhh.jpg

H~h~hey, kids! My creators made me out of a garbage can and old headphones, and named me after genitalia! Please, bring me the sweet release from existence that only death can impart, a-huh-huh-huh!

Hey, science proves you should buy this product. From their website:

index.1.jpg

There, science! And this is NOT some fly-by-night scheme to cut up bits of industrial tape, very likely pilfered from somebody's day job, and sell them at an unconscionable mark-up, so stop thinking that. One look at the the awesome resources they have committed to their packaging should put any such doubts to rest:

drumdampers_small.jpg

That's what you get for 90 bucks WITH FREE SHIPPING! !!! Please refrain from posting any expletives of delight on the forum. My only disappointment is that they didn't do a grainy black and white video of someone in a 50s suit struggling with a Remo O-Ring...

I'm guessing that Brit slang is translating down under?

Yep, including Henri's diving comment - the man we can count on when going a bit too far isn't enough ;) The term is pretty common here. I first heard it as a teen.

I can't see the point of the foil - why not just stick the Blu-Tak directly on the head? Ninety bucks ... wow ... sure it's not Aussie prices? US sellers are always marking up for us poor shmucks at the arse end of the world.

Puns aside, technically, Oz is not "downunder" because no one knows which end of the universe is up :)

I reiterate:

641fcffad4e8fa6a2abec3da6af71d66.gif

and indeed your' whole kit can be transformed WOW !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DQH36B8HN7U
I think I just soiled myself through uncontrolled laughter. The commentary is priceless! "it has an awesome nice thud, the volume is reduced, & it has the kind of sound you might hear on a recording" - hahahahahahaha ROLF!!!

Coincidentally funny that I recorded this little clip with a Zoom Q3 at the same time as this thread came up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ine7skvj4g No muffling (except two ply batters on the toms), & real quick basic low tuneup without gadgets. The juxtaposition of the two videos makes me cry.

I'm sorry, but this guy (& he's probably a really nice bloke) has absolutely no clue when it comes to drum sounds.

Yep, including Henri's diving comment - the man we can count on when going a bit too far isn't enough ;)
Perfect Henri description there Grea. That had my shoulders rocking almost as much as the "Muff" kit video :)

Yep, including Henri's diving comment - the man we can count on when going a bit too far isn't enough ;) The term is pretty common here. I first heard it as a teen. I'll bet you did... ;-)

I can't see the point of the foil - why not just stick the Blu-Tak directly on the head? Ninety bucks ... wow ... sure it's not Aussie prices? US sellers are always marking up for us poor shmucks at the arse end of the world.

Puns aside, technically, Oz is not "downunder" because no one knows which end of the universe is up :)
I was about to say that too. Since you could travel in an infinite number of directions in space, which is end is "up"? It would actually be hard for me to argue that America is not the "arse end of the world". :)

Americanese....to muff something is to also make a mistake.

Some years ago after breaking my knee cap on a diving board my sister gave me a t-shirt with image of a drooling wolf with the lettering, "Certified Muff Diver" I was rolling and she asked me what's so funny. lol

$89.95, baby. If you buy two, the second set is $49.95. That's only if you're really into saving money, though.

I wrote this up in a little more, ah, depth, on the blog-- should be good for a laugh.
Fabulous blog Todd. Had me laughing almost as much as the "it has the kind of sound you might hear on a recording" commentary, & precariously close to being as funny as Steve Maxwell's quote in front of a Gretsch banner in his latest snare promo ;) ;) ;)

(Not for one minute putting Steve in the same category as these clowns though)

Oh wow.. just.. uh, wow.. lol! He didn't even tune the drums first? And how cheap a mic is he using? The one built in to his camera not made to record loud drums without distorting? And beginner cymbals? Really?!? A sucker is born every minute!

Reminds me of I guy I sell to at my office supply store job. He takes a $40 4-pack of basic grey metal folding chairs and pops the metal sheet back rest out of them. He then takes the curved top bar and adds foam padding making it a handle. Then adds foam to the seat. Voila! a "Yoga Chair!" For $60 a chair you get the chair and sheet of yoga poses to do with it!

I believe he also does instructional YouTube videos... for Expert Village.

Back