Bermuda coming to OZ ?

I am assuming he is coming with the Wierd Al tour to Sydney and Melbourne.
Assuming he get's a visa. We don't just let anyone in.

So, things to do in Australia (I'm from Victoria, so Melbourne centric view here).

1 - Ride a Kangaroo. We all do.
2 - Ride an Emu. Bit harder to climb onto than a kangaroo, but smoother.
3 - Drink lots of VB and spew on the footpath. It's a national pastime.
4 - Drive a ute. With a dog in the back. Then do some doughnuts.
5 - Wear thongs. It's mandatory.
6 - Go to the footy at the MCG and yell at the umpires.
7 - Eat a meat pie with sauce. You'll thank us.
8 -When in Melbourne, go and see a band at the Espy
(Esplanade Hotel, St.Kilda). Where AC/DC played in the early days.

That'll do for now. I'm sure others will add to the list.

In Adelaide we don't ride kangaroos - we barbecue them.
And we don't guzzle VB beer, we sip chardonnay and shiraz.
We have a 'pie floater' which is a meat pie smothered in sauce (ketchup) floating in a bowl of thick pea soup.

Come to think of it - maybe that's why the tour isn't coming to Adelaide.... too weird for Weird Al.

We will be doing other dates besides the Falls Music Festival shows that have been announced, but not Adelaide this time. Kind of a drag, as there's a pawn shop or two just down the street from the Thebarton Theater where we probably would have played.

I've been to the Espy in St. Kilda, we'll be playing a large nearby palace. :)

Unfortunately, we never get enough time to explore of get around on our own, such is the nature of touring, and why it's not the 'vacation' that people imagine it would be (and that I wish it was!)

Bermuda

In Adelaide we don't ride kangaroos - we barbecue them.
And we don't guzzle VB beer, we sip chardonnay and shiraz.
We have a 'pie floater' which is a meat pie smothered in sauce (ketchup) floating in a bowl of thick pea soup.

Come to think of it - maybe that's why the tour isn't coming to Adelaide.... too weird for Weird Al.

Would it flabbergast you to know that we have pie-floaters in Lancashire, England, too....but brown sauce normally. And they 'float' in mushy peas rather than thick pea soup but I imagine the two are not that far apart.

Small world.

I will be attending the show here in Florida in 9 days. Woohoo

And if you go out in bushland, forget about crocs, alligators, snakes and deadly spiders. Watch out for drop bears

aHXRHuQ.jpg

picture.php

Not all koalas are evil drop bears. This one lives outside my office sometimes. Took this from my office window a couple of months ago. He seems completely chilled, watching me working while he sleeps and munches leaves. I'm slightly jealous, except when its 100+ degrees F outside. Then I'd much rather be inside with the air conditioning.

(By the way - this photo was upright when I uploaded it, but now it wants to go sideways.)

Back