DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:59 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Being talked to while playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparrott View Post
Ha! The EXACT SAME THING happened to me at the last gig! Jinx!

Also: ID.... wow.
Ha ha Al I knew someone could relate to this. Really, I feel like telling people, if you want me to slow dow, say "slow down". If you want me to pick it up, say "pick it up". Don't be modifying the words on me with adverbs or prepositions or whatever they are. Next it'll be..."Don't not slow down"!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Being talked to while playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Ha ha Al I knew someone could relate to this. Really, I feel like telling people, if you want me to slow dow, say "slow down". If you want me to pick it up, say "pick it up". Don't be modifying the words on me with adverbs or prepositions or whatever they are. Next it'll be..."Don't not slow down"!
"Slower" and "faster" are also very good to use, IMO. Or the exaggerated foot thump? In any case, I started bringing my laptop with the metronome program and nobody needs to talk to me anymore at gigs .... (chuckle)

There have certainly been times where *I* have tried to talk to people at gigs.... because something's going terribly awry, such as when a T-clamp on the right side of my rack actually broke and the entire right side of my kit started falling over towards me.... two toms and about five cymbals... and not only could I not get any of the guitarists' attention, but my wife/roadie could not understand what I was trying to tell her. As if the cymbals leaning across my lap weren't plain enough? No wonder people set up their drumkits they way you see in Tom Angles... they just don't know what right looks like?!