Powersonic Bass Head

Sirwill

Silver Member
Has any one tried the new Remo Powersonic Bass Head? If so can you give a short review please. I'm thinking of that or the clear Powerstoke 4 for my next 22" kick head.

This is pretty much the deadest-sounding bass drum head out there. Dead as in no tone.

You'll like it if that's the sort of thing you like. If you never play out and really want that sort of sound in your practice space it could be fine. It might be okay if you play out miked and routinely supply tone through EQ or trigger your bass. If you play out unmiked no one will ever hear the drum.

Go with the Powerstroke3, the powersonic is decent for double bass definition and metal applications, but the ps3 just has so much more life and tone. They over kill it with muffling that isn't necessary.

I just switched from the Powersonic to the Powerstroke 3 and I am crazy about it. I would never recommend the POS(onic) for anything after switching back, It is way to muffled for anything good out of a bass drum.

true you will love the powerstroke 3. i do custom drum make overs and thats all ill ever use. any thing in powerstroke sounds pretty good. even the 4.. have you guys ever used batter against batter insted of reson? try it..really

I am using a Powersonic right now, I took the snap on dampener completely off, now it sounds like a Powerstroke III

I really like Remo heads, but THIS head from them sucks as much as anything has ever sucked before.
Thumbs down, no stars.

I am using a Powersonic right now, I took the snap on dampener completely off, now it sounds like a Powerstroke III

Even without the snap-on dampener, the Powersonic is 2-ply with 2 internal dampening strips. The PS3 is one-ply with a thin ring around the edge. To my ear they don't sound alike. Even without the snap-on thingie the Powersonic is too dead for my tastes.

Back