In the market for new hit hat stand. Any recommendations?

MisterZero

They all appear the same, and come with a ton of reviews, but I was wondering what you guys thought. I'm not looking for any of the remote ones, just a solid,sturdy stand. I currently have a cheapy mapex, which worked admirably, but time for a big league one as the Mapex is dying. Any thoughts? I would like one that comes apart easily so I can put in my hardware bag, too...thx.

Pearl H1000k. Strong and not so heavy, folds up nice in the hardware bag, legs swing for use with a double pedal, and I like the spring adjust. It fits me, and the weight of my hats.

I suggest you take your hats (or if the store has the same ones you do just borrow thiers) and try a few. See how the combo of hat weight and spring feels to you. I tried a few others and this is what fit for me.

DW9000 2 legger is the best IMHO but I keep mine at home, so I can't comment on compacting or gigging with it.

I like the pearl stands too but they have ALOT of play in the footboard before they engage, the dw 9000 and 5000 are much more direct and the 9000 (because of its cam) has a tiny bit of footboard takeup before engaging the rod which is great for really slight sloshy hi-hat pedalling.

SNIP
I like the pearl stands too but they have ALOT of play in the footboard before they engage
END SNIP

I don't find that to be the case at all. I did adjust mine after getting it home, so experiences may vary. Its very adjustable...

pearl-h1000k-pedales-charleston-p22020_211089.jpg

I would really wanted a DW to match my double pedal, but the base plate looke like it wouild be a PITA in the hardware bag.

I think any medium-weight to heavy-weight stands by Pearl, Yamaha, Tama, DW, are all pretty good. I myself use the Tama RoadPro hi-hat (which is the one between their StageMaster lightweight and Iron Cobra heavyweight ones), and that thing is solid enough for me, even when I use my 17" hi hats on it. But I've also used Yamaha 7000, DW 5000 and 9000, vintage Tama Titans. It's best to put the bulk where you need it, I say.

Good luck on your quest!

Just drums online currently has a Gibraltar 9607 direct pull heavyweight hi hat stand on clearance for $79. This is a great deal on a very smooth and sturdy stand. I bought one a year ago and love it. Has step tension adjustment and a pull mechanism that does not squeak.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Yes, it can be daunting, ther's just so many options. I have checked out a few, and am leaning towards the DW 9000 one. My local GC had a nice opne set up and it felt great.

thanks again

Most anything in that price range should be great! the DW9000 series is great gear!

I have been using the same Dixon double braced one since 1999 with no problems or repairs.

Iron Cobra lever glide is the best in the business. I own a DW 9000 as well. I prefer the IC, it's been through 100s of shows and still is going strong.

Scarlit, why do you feel the IC lever is better?

I'd have to recommend the Axis L-HH longboard hi-hat stand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 234
Back