Remo Powerstroke 3 Fiberskyns

JonaWilder

I recently got a Birch jazz drum set with an 18" bass drum. I play in a stripped down, Velvet Underground kind of band and was looking for heads that would provide a low, warmer undertone.

I was looking at the Remo Clear Powerstroke 3 for the beater and a Remo Powerstroke 3 Fiberskyn 3 for the front. I like the way the Fiberskyns look and recently saw this video of Galactic's Stanton Moore playing with one. While not the same kind of music I plan on playing I like the overall tone of his kick. Anyone have any thoughts?

I run the same batter and reso combo on a 22" maple kick, mate. I've been pleased with this combo. I'm not sure if it's real or perceived, but the fiberskyn does seem to have a nice 'warming' effect. Definitely worth considering.

I use this combo on my 20x14 1971 Slingerland, although my batter is a coated PS3 rather than clear. The Fiberskyn PS3 is a great reso head. It looks cool and gives a nice round tone without the the use of a felt strip or any added muffling. All said, I still prefer a clear Evans Emad for the batter, but the PS3 combo works really well.

Back