Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Re: Shooting in Newtown, Conneticut Elementary School

For nothing - as usual.
Because of stupidity of man - as usual. Terms like grotesque, absurd come to mind. There can't be a reason for things like this to happen, can there?

I hope Mother Earth will wipe us all away some day. We don't deserve any better.

Just when you think things can't possibly get any worse, something like this happens to up the ante.
Everyone is going though the shock and grief phase at the moment (as well they should be) and mere words written on a drum forum post cant even begin to express the heartbreak we all feel for those innocent kids, teachers and the other victims.
Can someone please tell me, exactly how many massacres does it take before a country realises it needs at least SOME form of gun control????

Seems some people are making good money producing and selling this stuff. A whole industry involved. Money everywhere. Some prefer money to human life.

Last edited:

I have worked in Newtown Connecticut since 1981.
I was at work today about a mile away from the school when I first heard of the tragic event on a police/fire scanner.
I later watched it on live TV.
I watched and listened to the police and news helicopters fly overhead all day.
I am speechless and numb right now as I struggle to cope with this unreal event.
I have no words.
I have been just sitting here and playing my kit all night as I try handle this.
When I play I don't have to think about it so much.

Sad, really sad, it's a tragedy, I feel for those who died for nothing, I feel for the families left behind.

Last edited:

Talking about gun control isn't appropriate in this thread please.

Bob my thoughts are with you, the victims, their families and all of the first responders and law enforcement personnel.

For 4 years I worked as a School Resource Officer at two schools, a primary and an elementary school - grades k-5, that appeared very simliar to the Connecticut school. While I saw some sad and even horrible things, I am thankful that I never had to deal with this type of situation first hand. I can only imagine the horror for everyone in that school this morning.

My hope is that no matter what issues or political arguments arrise from this tragedy that we all make the choice not to blame the teachers, the parents, the school system or law enforcement and remember the only guilty party here is the shooter. We need to focus on the healing of all those involved and leave the blame behind.

To steal from Ringo...Peace and Love to you all.

I'm shocked. What a sad state of affairs this holiday season. Count your blessings folks.

GJS

Talking about gun control isn't appropriate in this thread please.

+1 lets not get political. Its a tragedy and remember that this guy was insane. No normal person can kill like that and be thinking straight. Its just terrible...

First time the news brought tears to my eyes since seeing my coworkers die in the twin towers on 9/11.

As I picked my daughter up from preschool yesterday afternoon and waited in the hall for her door to open, all I could think about was the chaos and terror which took place.

As I waited for my wife who is an Elementary School Teacher to get home from work, all I could think about was her being in that situation.

I have worked in Newtown Connecticut since 1981.
I was at work today about a mile away from the school when I first heard of the tragic event on a police/fire scanner.
I later watched it on live TV.
I watched and listened to the police and news helicopters fly overhead all day.
I am speechless and numb right now as I struggle to cope with this unreal event.
I have no words.
I have been just sitting here and playing my kit all night as I try handle this.
When I play I don't have to think about it so much.

Wow, Bob... Just wow.... Sorry to hear of this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Very very tragic. I had to stop watching the news. They had a little boy who was inside the building talking about it and it was all I could do to not tear up and I felt my blood pressure going through the roof.

How many times does this need to happen and nothing come of it?

Avoid the issue as much as possible, mouth platitudes, promise to pass only the most popular of measures, like the assault-weapons ban. And then nothing to follow through.

Nothing shakes the shit out of us as the randomness of violence, particularly killings. It is because it is the only time you have to consider the REAL possibility that it could have been you or your loved ones.

You can look at the disadvantaged - poor, handicapped, minorities, what have you - and make yourself feel disconnected because it is possible to visualize not being "them"; we do it all the time in daily life.

Not with random violence. My kids could just as easily been in that elementary school in Connecticut and amongst the dead.

That scares the daylights out of me.

PS- The White House press secy Carney says today is not the day to talk about gun control. If both the Democrats and the Republicans had their way, we’d never talk about it again.

I'd love to dicuss gun control but will resist the temptation.

Last edited:

I'd love to dicuss gun control but will resist the temptation...

You resisted nothing. And you showed that you don't have a God damned clue what you're talking about when you reference something as useless as an assault weapons ban. What makes an assault weapon? Scary black polymer? Because that's about that separates it from your standard hunting rifle. Educate yourself, clown.

You resisted nothing. And you showed that you don't have a God damned clue what you're talking about when you reference something as useless as an assault weapons ban. What makes an assault weapon? Scary black polymer? Because that's about that separates it from your standard hunting rifle. Educate yourself, clown.

Oh Jesus. So stupid, in so many ways.

Too much man....really.

You resisted nothing.

I did. Out of respect for Bob here. And for the forum rules.

Kinda difficult not to mention the word assault rifle in this thread, specially when there were 20 little kids at the other end of it. Theres a white elephant in this room, folks. Over & out. Merry Christmas, Agent Orange 27.

Last edited:
Back