What's your latest purchase?

14x14 Floor tom to go with .......

1966 Rogers Steel Gray Ripple 20-12-16

DSCN0698_zps538ec006.jpg

14x14 Floor tom to go with .......

1966 Rogers Steel Gray Ripple 20-12-16

Wow!!! That's awesome! Congrats!

Let's see...I bought a pair of entry-level shell packs with a set of Sabian B8 cymbals for $120 (for students) last night. I bought a tenor saxophone last week, as well as an agogo bell. I bought a REALLY NICE 60s 16" crash cymbal the week before (I usually don't go for 16" cymbals, but this one opens up super nicely).

My latest acquisition was a couple of months ago. An 18" Zildjian K dark med. thin crash. I like the way it sounds at the low vol. rehearsals we have. Someday we're gonna gig some where an I'll get to play it a little louder. First K for me.

f224fb66-d4b9-47c4-a0a4-775a9e9e18c6_zps5453876e.jpg

A Stingray is on the list, too. A light one, please.

In that case you might want to look at their Sterling. I played a Ray 5 and thought I would break my neck. Instead I bought a Sterling 5. Lighter, slightly smaller body, very similar sound, great playability. I have the HH and later bought a Sterling 4 H.

Latest purchases are as follows :
Ludwig Classic Maple exotic 6.5 x 14 Macassar Ebony outer veneer - diecast hoops
Ludwig Satinwood veneer 6x 12 snare with tube lugs
Ludwig Satinwood veneer 6.5 x 14 snare with tube lugs.
20" Paiste Dark Energy Mk2 ride cymbals
13" Paiste Dark Energy top and Spund Formula Heavy bottom hihats

In that case you might want to look at their Sterling. I played a Ray 5 and thought I would break my neck. Instead I bought a Sterling 5. Lighter, slightly smaller body, very similar sound, great playability. I have the HH and later bought a Sterling 4 H.

I'm familiar with the Sterling line. It's all pie-in-the-sky at the moment as I'm fairly heavily (for me) in debt and need to clear that before I buy anything new. A HH or H bass is appealing as I quite like an aggressive tone and struggle to get it with my BB414 or Rockbass Streamer. The main issue with the streamer is the low-output pickups...

Anyhow, I suspect this is a discussion for TalkBass (I'm on there too) rather than here!

I'm familiar with the Sterling line. It's all pie-in-the-sky at the moment as I'm fairly heavily (for me) in debt and need to clear that before I buy anything new. A HH or H bass is appealing as I quite like an aggressive tone and struggle to get it with my BB414 or Rockbass Streamer. The main issue with the streamer is the low-output pickups...

Anyhow, I suspect this is a discussion for TalkBass (I'm on there too) rather than here!

Attachments

• bass joke.jpg
    bass joke.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,471
well I went and did it

I went and got the 22" (2400g) and a set of 14' hats (T 889g B 1148) Kerope to go with my 20" (1988g)

I actually have not told my wife yet because she knows that just last week I put a down payment at Maxwells on a gorgeous Black Nitron USA Custom that I am having built by Gretsch in bop sizes

my only savior every time is .... honey it's a tax write off .....

hello.. my name is Anthony ..... and I'm an addict

Jealous.... I've been considering the 15" Kerope. What made you choose the 14" instead?

2 Gretsch snares:
-5x14 Chrome over brass
-5x14 Hammered brass

The Evans heads that my kit came with are finally worn out, so now I'm back to the trust old Ambassados with good conscience.

Picked up a pair of the new Colaiuta sticks from Vic Firth. (The Zildjian version has been my stick of choice from most things ever since I picked up the drums.) Big disappointment! What's with all this lacquer and wax?

I have a new 20" El Sabor ride leaning against my garage door right now. I used to have the 18" version years ago but always wanted to try the bigger one. Fingers crossed that the bell really pings. I'm pulling my first gen 21" HHX dry ride out of service for the time being.

Last week I picked up a 6.5X14 Gretsch Legend brass snare. The trial gig went well. She's a keeper.

I've sold 10 items on ebay to fund both of those. So far I'm ahead a bit.

Still kind of a newbie here, but here it goes.

Picked up a 18" Sabian Omni AAX to replace a 19" Sabian AA Metal-x Crash that I've had a awhile. We play from alt rock through hard rock and the 19" metal-x was too harsh in context with my other cymbals. The Omni fits in rather well and provides quick wash and a darker crash though the ride portion pales in comparison to the 22" rock ride.

cymbals (all Sabian except china):
15" AA Metal-x hats
10" AAX splash
14" AA med/thin crash
16" AA metal-x Crash
22" AA Rock Ride
16" Wuhan China

244955.jpg

A cymbal bag from Reunion Blues and a couple of discontinued NOS 18" Paiste Twenty series crash cymbals.

Last edited:
my wife is also a musician as well as someone who refurbishes and distresses furniture

so I buy her some instruments and a few antiques and all is good in the hood

What does your wife play? My better half plays brass. Next time I want to spend some change on myself I'll spoil her with a new brass instrument or a mute and she'll ignore my purchases for a while.

I have been boring lately, I have everything I really need. I did splurge on a woodblock that I saw at bookstore recently. A must have for the old-timey drummer.

Back