Weird Al Yankovic honoured with Hollywood Star

Reggae_Mangle

Silver Member
I'm sure Bermuda must be tickled pink. Amazing fact: Weird Al's fans funded the star.

At the ceremony, he quipped:
.“By the way I am sorry I even have to say this, I don’t want to even have to ask this but please, please don’t pickaxe my star, ok guys? I mean I know it’s all the rage these days but that’s not coo.”

“Just please don’t do that unless at some point in the future I do something unfathomably monsterous and evil, in which case sure, fine, go ahead."

“I want to sincerely thank all of the generous fans who took out second mortgages on their homes and subsisted on nothing but ramen noodles for years and years just so I could be standing before you here today,” said Yankovic.

Me and the wife were there sandwiched in with the fans just behind the seats. I couldn't see a thing. All those tall people just figured I could see right through them, I guess.

I'm not sure if he's Maynard James Keenan, Danny Carey, or a little bit of both.

wow, a real hollywood star?

Which one?...male or female?....does he get to keep it forever or is it just for a while?

Horrah for indentured servitude!....wouldn't it be great to ge given a star and have 'em doing chores around your house?

"Hey Cruise, quit that self auditing s*** and get back to mowing my lawn!<< I can really see Al yelling that at Tom Cruise.. :) >>

now THAT is Wierd Al Style Humor...and why he deserves the honor!

I dont think my mind would be as agile without his take on things...up there with steve martin and robin williams in my opinion.

Congrats Al - Progressive Polka would not be where it is today without you!

Last edited:
Back