Radio King Restoration...

droveto

I wanted to share the progress on the Radio King restoration I'm working on. The heads have a hard time getting over the shells so I need to do some sanding down of where the wrap meets the bearing edge area, but this is where I'm so far

I'm quite pleased with the choice in wrap. I would have preferred the champagne sparkle to match the snare I've had in the picture since I was a little kid but I couldn't justify the extra $200 bucks just for the champagne sparkle wrap.

edit: I suck at the interweb and have attached a wrong photo. The big photo is not mine, but the small photo is the one I'm restoring. When I'm done it will probably look just like this one though. :)

Attachments

• Slingerlandsilver58.JPG
    Slingerlandsilver58.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 225
  • slingerlandproject.jpg
    slingerlandproject.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 222
Very nice!

Hey! Don't sand down the wrap so the heads fit better...get the Aquarian American Vintage heads--their hoops are slightly bigger, meant to fit around old Slingerlands/Ludwigs/Rogers that newer heads fit a little *too* snugly on. Plus, they sound great and will look good, too...

Sweet looking, classic kit mate. Bet you're glad you posted before sanding, hey?

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress......unlike my old mate Sir Wumpalot.....where's the pics of the Grestch restoration, Caddy?? :)

Back