Anyone have any experience with

Personally I've never used such product. My question is- is the product available in the States? My son and I love DIY projects and in most cases we only buy a few things online so and then use a few of youtube channels to soundproof our rooms.
The product seems cheap- I've searched for reviews online and I couldn't find much.

If they ship it here- I can order one and see how it goes.
That was just but my opinion though.

I guess it would help if you were concerned with something or someone under you. Just dampens floor vibrations, but does nothing for drum sounds. I figure a few layers of carpet would do the same thing.

From the site. Quietfloor is a 15mm thick heavty, acoustic underlay to reduce airborne and impact noise through floors when used beneath carpets and laminate flooring.

In order to use this under your carpet you would have to do the whole room. That would add up. Maybe a few panels, then a small carpet on top, and then the drums???

Personally I've never used such product. My question is- is the product available in the States? My son and I love DIY projects and in most cases we only buy a few things online so and then use a few of youtube channels to soundproof our rooms.
The product seems cheap- I've searched for reviews online and I couldn't find much.

If they ship it here- I can order one and see how it goes.
That was just but my opinion though.

I assume you would need to contact the company directly if you'd like to find out. My assumption would be that you guys would have more than a few options as far as purchasing similar products in the States though, saving you costly postage.

I guess it would help if you were concerned with something or someone under you. Just dampens floor vibrations, but does nothing for drum sounds. I figure a few layers of carpet would do the same thing.

From the site. Quietfloor is a 15mm thick heavty, acoustic underlay to reduce airborne and impact noise through floors when used beneath carpets and laminate flooring.

In order to use this under your carpet you would have to do the whole room. That would add up. Maybe a few panels, then a small carpet on top, and then the drums???

I would have thought that the main benefit of this product would be to stop the pedals vibrating through the floor, as well as some of the bass.
It wouldn't be cost effective to do the whole room with this in my opinion as it wouldn't have a huge impact on the overall air-born noise.

this kind of product: http://www.keepitquiet.co.uk/diy-anti-vibration-kit-drum-sets/

At £72 it seems like a cheap option for those looking to reduce noise/vibration when drumming.
I have wooden laminate flooring so any ideas whether this would still work well?
If you're playing an e-kit, and pedal vibration is what's pissing off the neighbors downstairs, then this might help. If you're playing an acoustic kit, then your drums are probably louder than any pedal vibration.​

I have something similar in my house under the floors. It does nothing to control noise within the room. I too have laminate hardwood floors. You can still hear my dogs nails clicking on the floor when they walk, even under the house. Don't waste your money.

Back