I get to see Sons of Apollo!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I guess I can’t complain about never winning anything. I filed my email address for free tickets to see Sons of Apollo at the House of Blues and today they emailed me back saying I can see the show tonight!

I’ve never seen Mike Portnoy play live, and after meeting Billy Sheehan at NAMM last year and telling him I loved Niacin with Dennis Chambers, it’ll be cool to see him play in person too.

Maybe I can win tickets to see Black Country Communion too - if Joe Bonamossa wants to play with them again.

I gotta go pick out some black clothes now....

Let us know if you like the show.

How was Portnoy's performance?

How was Portnoy's performance?

I've only ever seen him play on YouTube - I was never a big Dream Theater fan, so I never went to see him play live - but he's a really solid player. All the odd times flying by and not once did you ever get the feeling what he was doing was unintentional.

He was singing back up, and what was cool with this band, was between the lead singer, the guitarist, and Portnoy, there were times they were hitting these really cool chords as singers that just pushed the band past your usual progressive band fare. There wasn't a lot of spots like that like you would experience during a Yes show, but at the same time, Yes didn't rock the progressive vibe quite this hard. I guess I'm becoming a fan.

I'm still not a fan of the backwards baseball cap look though. Something about that look just screams "Street Punk" to me ;)

I guess I can’t complain about never winning anything. I filed my email address for free tickets to see Sons of Apollo at the House of Blues and today they emailed me back saying I can see the show tonight!

I’ve never seen Mike Portnoy play live, and after meeting Billy Sheehan at NAMM last year and telling him I loved Niacin with Dennis Chambers, it’ll be cool to see him play in person too.

Maybe I can win tickets to see Black Country Communion too - if Joe Bonamossa wants to play with them again.

I gotta go pick out some black clothes now....

I'm off to see them in Nottingham when they come over to England, can't wait. Saw Portnoy in DT 3 times, it's Portnoy you know what you're getting :)

Saw Billy Sheehan with Mr Big in 2009 in London. Original line up before Pat Torpey was diagnosed they were awesome!

Never understood the name Black Country Communion, only Jason Bonham is from the Black Country. If I had to do a proper Black Country Communion it would be made up from Phil Lynott, Robert Plant, Judas Priest and the legends that are Slade :)

Back