Roland SPD-S: waves stopping in Patch mode

tcm4411

Hi, All.

I'm still learning some things on the Roland Spd-S sampler and can't figure something out.

I just created a new Patch. Two of the pads are running loops. A third pad is just a one-shot snare sound. When I do a double hit on that one shot pad, the other loops stop playing. I can't figure out why this is happening. Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Not absolutely sure, but check to see if the snare pad is set to mono or poly (I'm not even sure that model has that setting...) If so, set it to polyphonic and see if there's a difference.

Bermuda

Are you saying the loops only stop when you hit the snare sound twice? Not once?

I'm not sure what that would mean, but ordinarily the pad will stop your other pads from playing if it is assigned to the same group. I think you get 9 groups to choose from - just make sure your one-shot sample pad is set to its own group number.

The only other thing I could think of is if you're somehow getting "cross-talk" between the pads. You should be able to tell by looking or experimenting to see if your hit on the snare sample pad is triggering your loop pads. That shouldn't be an issue normally, but if it is, maybe you could set your loop sounds to the edge triggers, which seem to be less sensitive, or play with editing the sensitivity of the pads.

Back