Lessons in the Boston area?

Cadet311

I'm going to be in Boston for a week or so this summer and would love a chance to get a lesson with a good teacher, as I know there are a few in Boston. I know that's Mangini territory, but does he do private lessons?

I know there's a few good teachers in that area - there has to be at least - any recommendations?

If it were me, the first guy I'd try to hook up with would be Dave DiCenso. I'm not sure if he does private lessons but I'm sure it's at least a possibility.

Dave Dicenso does do private lessons but in New Hampshire.

All of those guys teach at Berklee. You might want to just check the Berklee roster and see about making contact to see if any of those guys will do lessons. Rod Morgenstein is a good teacher and drummer. As well as Rick Considine. Casey Scheurell, John Ramsay, Bob Tamagni. All Berklee instructors. All great players and great teachers.

Also check out Robert Kaufman (he's on the Berklee staff). I studied with him for a few years. Great drummer. knows the instrument well. Denis

All of those guys teach at Berklee. You might want to just check the Berklee roster and see about making contact to see if any of those guys will do lessons. Rod Morgenstein is a good teacher and drummer. As well as Rick Considine. Casey Scheurell, John Ramsay, Bob Tamagni. All Berklee instructors. All great players and great teachers.

I had lessons with Skip. He is a walking encyclopedia of drum info. He has print outs galore for you to take home to. Just be prepared what you want to learn from him.

Rick is all about the groove. I had lessons with him for 6 months. I loved the guy. He's a ghost note master.

Alan Dawson used to be around there.

Back