tech question- site timeout

timmdrum

Gold Member
Can someone please extend the timeout length for this site? By the time I read a full page of a long thread, then reply to a post, I often find I've been logged out and have to log back in, then when I return to the thread list all my unread posts are no longer in bold... It's really aggravating!!

I would check my internet or computer settings. If I log into Drummerworld in the morning it's still there at night. I have a Mac which has tabs that allow me to open as many sites at once as I wish and they all stay open. Some times my bank or eBay may time out but that's it.

When you log in your password, click the Remember Me box and you should stay logged in on that computer all the time unless you log out. I logged in last month clicking that box and every time I go to this site on this computer, I am still logged in. At least that is how it has been for me.

When you log in your password, click the Remember Me box and you should stay logged in on that computer all the time unless you log out. I logged in last month clicking that box and every time I go to this site on this computer, I am still logged in. At least that is how it has been for me.

Yes, so it is....

I didn't log in for so many months, that i finally forgot my password...

Bernhard

Yes, so it is....

I didn't log in for so many months, that i finally forgot my password...

Bernhard

Sorry if this is off topic here but I am floored that you personally used my post like that.That just made my day. I want to thank you, Mr. castiglioni and everyone else involved in this great site. I have read the bio on John Bonham 300 times and counting so far. You all should be proud of what you have here.

Sorry if this is off topic here but I am floored that you personally used my post like that.That just made my day. I want to thank you, Mr. castiglioni and everyone else involved in this great site. I have read the bio on John Bonham 300 times and counting so far. You all should be proud of what you have here.

Bernhard,

You are a ROCK STAR!!!! And we all certainly do agree that you have and continue to do a fabulous job on the internet site and forum. Thanks again!

Well, that would work, but I don't want the site to remember my password, and besides, my browser's set to clear all cookies every time I close it anyway. But that's not the problem- the site makes me re-login while I have the page open. I'll open a youtube link or something in a new tab, then come back & reply to a post and find I have to login again... Isn't the site sensing I'm idle and timing out my login?

Maybe your cookies are set to be erased after a certain amount of time? Check your cookie settings in your browser...

This is a question of session management - y0 cookie be gettin ate that stores your session.

Well, that would work, but I don't want the site to remember my password, and besides, my browser's set to clear all cookies every time I close it anyway. But that's not the problem- the site makes me re-login while I have the page open. I'll open a youtube link or something in a new tab, then come back & reply to a post and find I have to login again... Isn't the site sensing I'm idle and timing out my login?

I do not get signed out no matter how long I am on...do you check the remember me box? If not give that a shot

Back