Drum Kit Chandelier

That's pretty slick.

I'm a builder kind of guy and an electrician so I could throw one together pretty quick but I would attempt to lay it out in a more natural design with the snare and toms closer to the "right " place.

If I had a tall ass ceiling in a big room I'd totally pick up a cheap used kit and build one.

Wow...my first reaction is awe..."What an amazing and beautiful piece of art - where can I get one?"

My second thought is disgust..."What a waste of good drums and a Zildjin! That cymbal better have been cracked before they strung it up there!"

You always hear that artists want people to feel a range of emotions when looking at their work...hit that nail on the head.

***The story behind the chandelier is that is was made by Matt Ludwig of Ludwig Metals. I haven't been in the drumming world long enough to know if Ludwig Metals and Ludwig Drums are the same or related...if so, then it is even more of a waste of drums....but I still want one.

Last edited:
...I would attempt to lay it out in a more natural design with the snare and toms closer to the "right " place.

Yeah, it would be way cool if it was set up more like a proper kit. But hanging upside down.

And I just realized that I could easily make some awesome floor lamps with my Staccato drums!

That's brilliant. I'm a self confessed "design snob" (takes a lot to impress me) ...well done. Of course the builder's name is Ludwig!

OMG. I've hung more than a few chandeliers in my life, and...it wouldn't go in your average house. Very odd indeed. The drums should match at least.

And I just realized that I could easily make some awesome floor lamps with my Staccato drums!
You have a set of Staccato drums????? How cool! :) Possibly the worst, yet the best drums ever made. I did a few pub gigs with them in the early 80's. Utterly shit sound, but loud & clear against a wall of rock noise. Cases were always an issue.

Never sell them, especially if they're the canary yellow ones :)

Here's a couple of shots from a local Rock n Roll Pizza place... Some Pork Pie acrylics.

Attachments

• 06-05-09_2015.jpg
    06-05-09_2015.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,518
  • 06-05-09_2016.jpg
    06-05-09_2016.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,539
Where is this Rock n Roll Pizza place?
It was called Rock n Roll Pizza and it was on Topanga in Woodland Hills, but it closed. However it is now reincarnated in the Promenade Mall, a restaurant called The Rack. They still have live music. I haven't been into the new location, though.

Back