Are bass drum stickers cool or corny ?

There is some irony here in that a lot of people who aren't crazy about having anything on their bass reso don't seem to mind all these garish logos that come on today's cymbals. Or maybe they do? No doubt they'd be a bit harder to remove than a decal.
Acetone will remove a cymbal logo in literally a second.

Back to the point, I mostly play Sabians and the logo is a little large, and I do prefer their new sizing, but the old stuff isn't off putting at all.

I think the more appropriate comparison would be to say, if all of those assorted manufacturers decals look cool on the reso, then wouldn't they look pretty cool all over your cymbals too?

Acetone will remove a cymbal logo in literally a second.

Back to the point, I mostly play Sabians and the logo is a little large, and I do prefer their new sizing, but the old stuff isn't off putting at all.

I think the more appropriate comparison would be to say, if all of those assorted manufacturers decals look cool on the reso, then wouldn't they look pretty cool all over your cymbals too?

I think you're being a little ridiculous eh?

If the logo is small and tasteful, I leave it on for identification purposes. If the logo is large and obnoxious, it gets removed (or doesn't get purchased in the first place). This goes for any product I buy, whether it's drum related or not.

I think you're being a little ridiculous eh?
That was the intent, so I'm glad you think so.

And just as ridiculous as it would be for all those logos to be on the cymbals, I feel it's just as ridiculous for them to be all over the bass reso. Doesn't have any bearing on the ability of the drummer at all, but a spade is spade.

TBH, the entire no logo thing is just a little spartan for my tastes. Although now you have my wheels spinning about removing logos from my cymbals and screening some art on there.

I like having stuff to read so I'm OK with them lol. Can't take a pee without having to stare at some kind of ad these days. I don't put them on my reso, I have a chrome reso that is like a mirror and is mesmerizing to watch.

That was the intent, so I'm glad you think so.

And just as ridiculous as it would be for all those logos to be on the cymbals, I feel it's just as ridiculous for them to be all over the bass reso. Doesn't have any bearing on the ability of the drummer at all, but a spade is spade.

TBH, the entire no logo thing is just a little spartan for my tastes. Although now you have my wheels spinning about removing logos from my cymbals and screening some art on there.

I actually started this thread as a "for fun" type of thing in hopes of people putting up pictures of their bass reso's blank, band logos, art, mfgr logo variations etc. That'll teach me.

However, I did tone down my drummerworld avatar from gold to grey so as not to offend anyone. :)

I don't think anybody is taking this very seriously. I have my visual preference, I don't really care what anybody else is using. For proof of me being a good sport, here's the custom head for a band I'm in

2hqxrw0.jpg

I don't think anybody is taking this very seriously. I have my visual preference, I don't really care what anybody else is using. For proof of me being a good sport, here's the custom head for a band I'm in

2hqxrw0.jpg

I like it and you are good sport ! Now could you please get rid of that starclassic logo? HAHA j/k

The Starclassic logo decision actually held up my order for a month. I kept going back and forth but eventually decided that it was small and unobtrusive enough that it was ok. Also most of my badges are hard to see so it helps avoid the "what kind of kit is that" question.

Upon further review, I've gone minimalist. Acetone took off the Aquarian logo ( thanks to ineedaclutch ), I removed the Zildjian sticker and also replaced the WHITE Mapex logo with a bit less intrusive grey Mapex logo. I can't do blank. Doesn't look right to me.

Last edited:
forgot the photo....DOH !

Attachments

• 008a.jpg
    008a.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 150
There is some irony here in that a lot of people who aren't crazy about having anything on their bass reso don't seem to mind all these garish logos that come on today's cymbals. Or maybe they do? No doubt they'd be a bit harder to remove than a decal.
Some logos are decent and more or less non-obstrusive (Kerope and Contantinople Logos come to my mind, HHX and new HH are acceptable), others are hard to look at (Zildjian K's are horrible, e.g., also e.b. Sabian B8 or Meinl MB10... Ugh!). But it's easy to remove the logos. Done in a few minutes.

I removed e.g. a horrible logo from my turkish cymbals and replaced it with a very small custom turkish logo.

Back