Help with a song?

Araker

Can anyone suggest to me what song I should choose for a high grade in my music exam? I was thinking about doing some dream theater (Maybe Dark eternal night?) but their songs are very long as well as being difficult, any suggestions?

Cheers;D

Can anyone suggest to me what song I should choose for a high grade in my music exam? I was thinking about doing some dream theater (Maybe Dark eternal night?) but their songs are very long as well as being difficult, any suggestions?

Cheers;D

The longer and more difficult it is the better you look no? i say do what you like and take the challenge.

The longer and more difficult it is the better you look no? i say do what you like and take the challenge.

If he can play it and play it well, sure. But if he can't play it then he doesn't look "better" at all......he just looks like he can't play it.....and will be judged accordingly.

Sure it ok to push the envelope and if you think you can get it sorted by 'judgement day' then go for broke. But if I was being graded on my playing and musicality then I wouldn't consider that the best time to flub my way through something I didn't have down or wasn't confident with or that was way beyond my playing ability.....that approach is unlikely to score many points.

A well chosen solid groove played well is surely bound to score better than a million notes not played well I'd reckon. DT is no walk in the park.......if you can then do, if not then opt for something you can handle.

If he can play it and play it well, sure. But if he can't play it then he doesn't look "better" at all......he just looks like he can't play it.....and will be judged accordingly.

Sure it ok to push the envelope and if you think you can get it sorted by 'judgement day' then go for broke. But if I was being graded on my playing and musicality then I wouldn't consider that the best time to flub my way through something I didn't have down or wasn't confident with or that was way beyond my playing ability.....that approach is unlikely to score many points.

A well chosen solid groove played well is surely bound to score better than a million notes not played well I'd reckon. DT is no walk in the park.......if you can then do, if not then opt for something you can handle.

I totally agree, and would add that even if you can play something complex, it is sometimes still better to play something simpler with greater feel and groove.

Awesome cheers for the fast replies guys, I think I will take your advice on sticking to something a bit easier just to make sure I can perfect it, thanks again! :D

Back