Me winning the NAMM wfd

ok. fast hands.

can you play an Al Stewart groove?

NO? that's what i thought.

Hello Nick,
I'm not here for arguments, I simply just want to get the message out about my "Drum against Cancer" charity. Now if you watched the interview, you would of heard me mentioning "Im also here to promote my cancer charity". I'll be donating a dollar for every stroke I play and I am capable of the 1,070's.

As for the groove side of things, Yes I do play a drumset and also I play the Doumbek (middle eastern drum). I've got 5 students that I teach between my full time job, and as a matter of fact, a group I was in last year covered Al Stewarts "Year of the Cat".

Thank you for your Comment.
Happy Drumming. :)
Joey

Congrats!

Care to share any tips on building speed? Speed has always been one of my issues for the more up tempo songs. I tend to just sit there practising singles each evening to try and speed them up, which I guess is the only way to do it.

Congratulations Joey. I envy your skill. And good luck with the charity promotion.

ok. fast hands.

can you play an Al Stewart groove?

NO? that's what i thought.

This seems unnecessary. You might be compensating for something perhaps?

Completely ignore that second post. You should of not even replied to it. Congratulations on winning, and that is great what you are doing for charities. Every little bit helps.

I'll be donating a dollar for every stroke I play and I am capable of the 1,070's.

Fab work, Joey! That's a fantastic way to put your skills to work, and done with very nice, clean strokes too. What gave you the idea to do it?

Hey Nick, it's easy to think that the speed guys only do speed and don't do anything else. However, whenever I hear them play with music, they are excellent ... Matt (in his new career as compere :), Mike Mangini, Johnny Rabb, Tom Grosset, Tim Waterson.

These guys are serious players and speed is only one part of their skill sets.

However, whenever I hear them play with music, they are excellent ... Matt (in his new career as compere :), Mike Mangini, Johnny Rabb, Tom Grosset, Tim Waterson.

+1.

I'm yet to find one who can't play a drum kit and play it musically. The evidence really should debunk the persisting theory to contrary.......yet still the fact manages to get lost in the fiction.

+1.

I'm yet to find one who can't play a drum kit and play it musically. The evidence really should debunk the persisting theory to contrary.......yet still the fact manages to get lost in the fiction.

I think it's because the action needed to play that fast is very different to the strokes we see used when players are grooving.

Also, they take that action to such a high level that it's hard to imagine them having time to get other things together. But they do. Actually, I have no idea why I come to this forum so much, blabbing on like a clown at players who are in a different universe to me lol

That's it, I want a multi-national video drum-off between Joey and Nick, each to submit their YouTube vid of Al Stewart's On the Border. The winner will be determined by forum members' vote. The loser must fly to the winner's country and buy him a steak.

I used to think the WFD was sort of a vulgar thing, but as FZ would say, hey whatever you wanna do for a good time, let's get on with it, as long as it doesn't cause a murder. We see post after post here of how do I speed up my rolls or my diddles, but when someone takes it over the top like the WFD types they get flogged.

Well Done Joey! Keep it up!

Attachments

• hulka.JPG
    hulka.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 412
That's it, I want a multi-national video drum-off between Joey and Nick, each to submit their YouTube vid of Al Stewart's On the Border. The winner will be determined by forum members' vote. The loser must fly to the winner's country and buy him a steak.

I used to think the WFD was sort of a vulgar thing, but as FZ would say, hey whatever you wanna do for a good time, let's get on with it, as long as it doesn't cause a murder. We see post after post here of how do I speed up my rolls or my diddles, but when someone takes it over the top like the WFD types they get flogged.
Very good points all round there Spreggy, & well done Joey, especially on the donation effort.

Congrats!

And chance Nick was trying to be funny and not serious?

I have to echo most of whats been said here..congradulations.I must confess to not seeing the point of pure speed just a short time ago,but I guess even us vintage guys can recognize achievement through hard work when we see it.Nice job,and truthfully,young people such as yourself are an inspiration when they become involved in charitable acts.Something a lot more of us need to do.Hats off to your sir.

Steve B

Back