Mapex Saturn: the Never Ending Joke.......

DrummerMic

By now, we've all heard the Mapex Saturn joke. Apparently, the answer to anything and everything is Mapex Saturn.
The question is where did this come from? Who started it? Why?
I think it is absolutely hilarious and I was wondering why it started.

(The person who answers "Mapex Saturn" is AWESOME) :D

Please help.

There used to be a member here, called (among other things) Sticks4Drums. He could be the most banned member in DW history. He left his mark here for sure.

He was relentless in the promotion of Saturns. What should I wear to gigs? Doesn't matter, as long as you play Saturns. All the Saturn jokes begin with him. I'm pretty sure he is reading this, and I'm not making fun of you Glen, I'm just calling them like I see them.

Sometimes I miss the guy.

I can't exactly remember who started it the first post using the joke consisted of altered 'Chuck Norris' jokes. It was brilliant. Larry's account is absolutely accurate.

Fuo - you are a comedy genius. Best laugh I've had all day.

Incidentally, I don't miss the guy. He's poison.

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Mapex
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

...Yeah, I still count Pluto.

Look upon my works and despair?

Attachments

• saturn.jpg
    saturn.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,079
Another one of these threads? Use the Search feature noob.

I did and there is no thread like this one
And yes, I am a pretty serious noob. :p

Mapex Saturn- the gift that keeps on giving alright.
This more or less sums up one of the most contentious points in DW history (sorry for the re-post).

Attachments

• Mapex Saturn.jpg
    Mapex Saturn.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,602
MakeMake, Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, Fortuna...

Hang on, are we going to count Kuiper Belt objects??

Ok, wait a minute!! I'm only taking about planets here. Kuiper Belt objects are not allowed.

I mean, we have to be discriminating about something don't we?

I think we should petition the The International Astronomical Union to officially change Jupiter's name to Mapex.

After we fix that problem, we can address Uranus' name.

The problem is, with your definition that if we include Pluto we also have to include Ceres, MakeMake, Haumea and Eris...

If we write a list of planetary objects and I include a Minor Planet in the same way you've included Pluto in the list of Major Planets, then we have a list of 210,000 objects - including Kuiper Belt objects.

It's a slippery slope. Although not as slippery as a Mapex Saturn in a strip club.

All these kits are your's except Mapex Saturn. Attempt no landing there.

The problem is, with your definition that if we include Pluto we also have to include Ceres, MakeMake, Haumea and Eris...

If we write a list of planetary objects and I include a Minor Planet in the same way you've included Pluto in the list of Major Planets, then we have a list of 210,000 objects - including Kuiper Belt objects.

But, I like Pluto.

You don't see a dog named Ceres or something like that walking around Disneyland, do you?

In my Disneyland, he'd be called Uranus.

Ok, you win! I have nothing left after that.

Truth be told, I'm a Science teacher by day (super hero by night), and we're currently studying the solar system. I've heard Uranus (Ur-ay-nus) way too much the last couple of weeks. (12 year-olds are totally nuts)

I think my head just exploded.

Mapex Saturn, everybody!!

Back