Roland TD4 sound wrong

Bertmiller

Hello all,

Recently purchased a TD4-KX2. When I hit the snare in the center it sounds like I'm hitting the edge of the head. When I hit it between the Vdrum logo and rim it sounds right, like the center should. I have the same problem with the toms. Any advice is appreciated!

On all the kits? Have you tried re-setting it to factory defaults? I'd say it could be a weird reverse cable or something, but the td-4 has a proprietary cable harness; and I didn't think that the toms even had two zones... I thought it was just one sound for the toms, though the snare is dual zone.

You might also want to check with the forums at "vdrums.com". Most folks here are into acoustic kits.

This anomaly is occurring because your screen name is too close to Bette Midler.

LOL

Sounds like it's working in reverse. It also should be a new kit given the model so talk to the store you purchased it from.

Cheers
Davo

Swap the lead for the rim with the lead from the main section of the head. It sounds like you've just mixed them up when you were initially wiring it.

Either that or you can just reassign them on the module. It's only MIDI information and that's easy enough to re-assign.

Back