Would like opinions on a custom drumhead

Moldy

Silver Member
A friend of mine is working on designing a custom bass drumhead as the last piece of my drumset. "Moldy" is obviously my nickname (and I've has been for a long time), but I'd like to put some other name/quote/idea in it's place in a different font. Other than that, the head is mostly done.

Opinions on the design? Thoughts for another name/idea?

Drumhead-1.jpg

4oroqlen.jpg

Don't change a thing. That design rocks.

Actually, I would remove the words completely, and move the image up a little (centered vertically on the circular background). That graphic alone would be the coolest...

I'd just be sure you never want a port hole, or else, I would consider centering the graphic a bit more.

I'm pretty sure I won't. I like the sound of a wide open, unmuffled, unported bass drum. But, at the worst, I'll still have the original project files and access to my friend, so he can add it in down the road were I to need it.

I've considered some of the suggestions here, but in the end, I think the layout is fine and the image shouldn't be centered. I'm still unsure about having my nickname on the head, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice and criticisms. I took the help to heart.

Very, very cool......so WWII.....reminds me of Memphis Belle. Like it a lot!!

"To Moldy" or "not to Moldy".......really don't know.....will leave that to you.

Back