Rockstar Dream come true, sort of

braincramp

Gold Member
When I was a teen in the 70's I spent a lot of weekend nights at the Spectrum in Philly going to rock concerts, along with an occasional Sixers/Flyers game . My dream was to someday play there! I wanted to be a rockstar drummer!! The Spectrum is long gone and now, so concerts, the Sixers and Flyers are now at the bigger and better Wells Fargo Center (if that's still the name). Well now that I'm 53 I finally get my chance, I will be playing at Wingbowl 2016. I entered a donut eating contest on the radio station last week and lost. The winner gets to be a contestant in Wingbowl. So with some extreme networking with the stations sales and management staff and the winner I got my band to be part of the winners entourage. We may only get to play one or two songs, but hey I'll still be playing in front of a sold out arena. Not quite the way I envisioned it at 17 but it will work. lol.

That story has such a funny ring to it, I giggled. Donuts! Ahahaha

Congrats and I hope you kick arse.

When I was a teen in the 70's I spent a lot of weekend nights at the Spectrum in Philly going to rock concerts, along with an occasional Sixers/Flyers game . My dream was to someday play there! I wanted to be a rockstar drummer!! The Spectrum is long gone and now, so concerts, the Sixers and Flyers are now at the bigger and better Wells Fargo Center (if that's still the name). Well now that I'm 53 I finally get my chance, I will be playing at Wingbowl 2016. I entered a donut eating contest on the radio station last week and lost. The winner gets to be a contestant in Wingbowl. So with some extreme networking with the stations sales and management staff and the winner I got my band to be part of the winners entourage. We may only get to play one or two songs, but hey I'll still be playing in front of a sold out arena. Not quite the way I envisioned it at 17 but it will work. lol.

Very cool!! I saw my first arena concerts at the Spectrum. I shared your dream of wanting to play there, lol!

The closest I've come is playing between periods at a hockey game. Like you said, full arena, but not the way I envisioned it, haha!!

Have a great time. :) It's still totally cool to hear yourself in a place like that.

I ate 4 donuts. The funny part is I dressed as Amush because it was held at the Amish market. Winner ate 7. We had 5 minutes. If I could remember how to post pics I have some from it. Don't remember how to get around the url it asks for. I just want to load from iPhone.

album.php

Pic of contest
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1203&pictureid=9095[/IMG]

I tried posting pic if they don't show you can go to my page and pics are under "mine"

Last edited:
4 donuts?

I can eat 4 donuts on the way home from the bakery.

Have fun at the arena!!!

Have you ever seen an amish donut? One is the size of 3 dunkins. Once I was on my third and seen the guy next to me on his fifth I slowed down, threw in the flag. lol

How many donuts did you eat?

I ate 4 donuts. The funny part is I dressed as Amush because it was held at the Amish market. Winner ate 7. We had 5 minutes. If I could remember how to post pics I have some from it. Don't remember how to get around the url it asks for. I just want to load from iPhone.

2.5 years between question and answer?

I'm guess you were using an Amish computer as well as eating Amish doughnuts? :)

Back