Where is that deeply felt groove gone?

The Roots have it...listen to "The Seed", Questlove is grooving big time...or Petty's current drummer Steve Ferrone...

I miss that old 50's blues groove. That is so hard to find in contemporary music. Clutch do it brilliantly, but I can't name many other bands doing great blues-rock grooves.

The Roots have it...listen to "The Seed", Questlove is grooving big time...or Petty's current drummer Steve Ferrone...

Questlove is just awsome and he really has a signature to his groove, much like Steve Gadd, Porcaro, Steve Jordan og Carlos Vega. It doesn`t matter what song they are playing, you can just hear that its one of those cats. Thats another thing I miss, drummers who have a real signature to their playing. That just doesn`t happen anymore.

To Con Struct: I`m talking about the drummers not the band, even though I loved Toto when Porcaro still were alive. GRP changed my life a whole lot too. I was playing to Poison and Iron Maiden when my brother showed me the world of Porcaro and Carlos Vega. To make a long story short, I stopped playing to Poison and Iron Maiden haha.

To Droveto: Yes I checked him out. Nice beat :)

Greetings from Norway and minus 18 degrees

Last edited:
I miss that old 50's blues groove. That is so hard to find in contemporary music. Clutch do it brilliantly, but I can't name many other bands doing great blues-rock grooves.

They are out there ... but ya gotta look for them

My pick is the fierce Canadian band DANKO JONES

Danko2.jpg

Back