If I wanted to get into Jazz Drumming what would be 3 great records to start with?

Kind of Blue- Miles Davis
Moanin- Art Blakey and the Jazz messangers
Miles SMiles- Miles Davis

Yeah, yeah two miles davis albums...but there is a reason. Kind of Blue DIDN'T have tony williams, Kind of Blue has two drummers on different tracks, one is Kenny Clarke...I forget the other.

Miles Smiles is a good intro to Tony. Brushwork, faster stuff, and medium stuff. I'm hard pressed among the 28 Miles albums I have to find a favorite...

If you want MORE than that I also highly suggest- Larry Young's album "Unity," which has the IMMORTAL Elvin Jones on it. Larry young is an Organ Player, also the amazing Stanley Turrentine on Sax.

Another album or artist to get into is WAYNE SHORTER...yes, he used to play with Miles, but MANY greats came out of Miles band(s)

Wayne Shorter-
"Schizophrenia," "the soothsayer," are some of my personal favorites.

Last but not least there is the melodic deconstructor, astounding composer of jazz piano, and the ever imitated Thelonious Monk.

He ALSO has a great band, get the album "MONK." That is a good start.

I don't listen to much modern jazz, but that'll keep ya busy.

Sorry for double post....

This is more Fusion/funky/jazz

Herbie Hancock , song "Chameleon," You DON"T have to get the album, just youtube the song, the studio version, listen to it.

Try to play it, its so fing sick of a groove.

Freddie Hubbard - Hub Tones

Clifford Jarvis on drums ......whoooooooooey!!!!!!!

Back