Bobby Rondinelli

PaiceFan

I have been watching some U-tube videos recently featuring Bobby Rondinelli I think he's great. I really like his style. He shines in any band situation. I have seen him play with a variety of bands over the years. He always has great sounding drums and he is an exciting soloist. I tried to do a search on him here but could not find a thread so I am starting my own. Please share your thoughts. Ian Williams feel free to join in at anytime!

PaiceFan...my brother! You just made my day :))

Bobby has contributed strongly in many key bands such as: Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Quiet Riot, Scorpions...He is a heavy drummer with the ability to embrace "feel and technique" while playing for the song...and his drum solos...well - they are something else!

Ian Williams feel free to join in at anytime!

Last edited:
I am a Big fan of Bobby's playing Ian.I am glad I made your day! I somehow knew you liked him also. He studied with Carmine Appice when he was a kid. He plays in the tradition of the heavy 70's drummers that both of us enjoy. He has great style and technique. He brings a lot to every band he plays with. I am glad he is a Ludwig player because his sound has never been better. He is also an avid collector of 3ply ludwigs in the big sizes. and always has a cool looking kit.

Attachments

• lizards4_ME.jpg
    lizards4_ME.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 526
Yes, he's a great drummer - perfect triplets - and the nicest guy you can imagine.

and good friend, as you can see...

Bernhard

Attachments

• bobbyrondinellibernhard.jpg
    bobbyrondinellibernhard.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 804
Bobby is a great guy!
I was able to hang out with him a few times while he was in BOC when they came to the Detroit area.
Being a fan of his anyway, it was awesome to stand on stage a few feet away and get a nice drum lesson :)!

His gong was probably the loudest thing I've ever heard.

I still have the Rainbow VHS MTV concert tape (on the Red RC's). He did a cool solo on that one.
The solo on the BOC DVD is a good one too.

Back