MAPEX PRO-M????...

Tony_Here

So... I have my eye on a 6pc MAPEX PRO-M STUDIO in transparent black... Any insight or experience?.... Stuck in Asscrackistan right now, so been doing a lot of window shopping 'till I can get home and get back to drumming... so let me know what you think of this kit....

The Mapex Pro M is a good kit. It has been replaced in the Maypex line up by the Meridian Series. The notable differences being an updated tom mount configuration and new lug stylings. I believe the shells are the same.

If you like the lugs and mounts on the Pro M then there are fantastic deals to be had on remaining stock of these kits.

I've heard a few Pro Ms live with different head configurations and I've always thought they sound great. They also look good too. My only beef with Maypex is that there badges look lousy, even on their high end kits.

Thanks for the reply, I've heard good things about Mapex so I'm just curious as what the vote here is. I can't actually try anything out right now since I'm away from home. But if the vote here is favorable then I'll roll the dice on them.... Oh yea, forgot to mention I have pretty much been a die hard Tama player for years.......

You will find that all of the major brands have top, middle and bottom lines. Being where you are you have no chance of playing what looks good to you, so do your homework as to what you may want then when you get home you can do some up close and personal inspection of what looks good. Thanks for serving and best of luck.

I saw a freinds band whose drummer had a kit,sounded good out front,also got to play them,I was very impressed,great bang for the buck.Awhile ago I saw a reggae band whose drummer had one,this guy was a slammin drummer and good tuner,had the toms tuned on the high side,good tone cut and presence, he had those things sounding like a 2800.00 shell pack for sure,the hardware is sturdy and easy to use also.They are dicontinued so you should be a ble to get a really good deal if you look around.

I love mine- check 'em out here and here.

Tony,
Tony from jersey here. First thanks for servin. Now I have a Mars pro series in transparent midnight black MY kit it the pre curser to the pro M. I got mine as they were switiching over to the Pro M you'll find excellent deals on them. My kit who's shells aren't as nice as the pro M's sound excellent. I have played a freinds pro M and they are just really nice well built kits. If the deal falls through or something happens try checking out Taye drums. Excellent quality kits.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.... Well for now, until I get home at least, I will have to keep searching. The place I wanted to get them from is out of stock, which sux... Not to get completely off topic here but was also looking at the GMS SL Fusion, anyone have experience with it?..Haven't been able to find many reviews on it. And on the other side of the spectrum I might just bite the bullet and spend the money on the Yami' Oak Customs.... I'm really just on the fence here, being as I am away from home it's hard to make a decision sight unseen..... Anyway you guys are a daily bookmark for me now, so thanks for the input....

"Freedom costs a buck-o-five..."
T

If I had to pick from the list you gave me I would take the Yamaha Oak Customs. They just definitely favor my tastes. In the end though you can't go wrong with either of them, if cosmetics matter I might probably stay away from the Yamahas though, lets just say they don't have a huge finish selection.

if cosmetics matter I might probably stay away from the Yamahas though, lets just say they don't have a huge finish selection.

Really?.. I think the Musashi Black is sex.... Anyway, they are a little out of my price range but slightly doable with some modifications to my shopping list. Main thing is I am starting from scratch here. I sold my complete set of Tamas before I left for this "vacation" so I have to replace everything.... I have been on lower spectrum my entire drumming life, and after a year away from home I decided to treat myself to a whole new set up...
My old set....

Attachments

• bricktown.jpg
    bricktown.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG00139.jpg
    IMG00139.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG00138.jpg
    IMG00138.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 399
The Oak Custom set is 8X10, 9X12, 14X14, 16X16, 17X22, and at $1299 with 0 bids and a Buy It Now price of $1499. The color is a Honey Amber.

The other drumset is an Oak segment custom build in 10X8, 12X10, 14X12,16X16, 22X18 and is at $1150+150 shipping at Buy It Now only. By segment I mean stave-like, not plywood. So it sortof looks like bricks stacked to build a drum.

The Oak Custom set is 8X10, 9X12, 14X14, 16X16, 17X22, and at $1299 with 0 bids and a Buy It Now price of $1499. The color is a Honey Amber.

The other drumset is an Oak segment custom build in 10X8, 12X10, 14X12,16X16, 22X18 and is at $1150+150 shipping at Buy It Now only. By segment I mean stave-like, not plywood. So it sortof looks like bricks stacked to build a drum.

Awesome, Both sound good, only thing for me is the effort here to try and get on Ebay, I'll see what I can find out about them...thanx

Back