Ludwig Millenium Brass Snare- NSD

sethlowden

Ludwig Millennium Brass Snare- NSD

Hi all, just picked up this snare as an impulse buy on CraigsList: a Ludwig Millennium Snare Drum, Brass, 5x14" LM2000MB5. Turns out I bought some drums from this same seller before. This may qualify as the worst picture ever posted on DW, sorry! Needs some cleaning and heads, suffered from benign neglect.Original case missing in action. I could not find any resale value on eBay on this- I am open to input so I can defend my purchase to SWMBO. This is my first tube lug snare. I am thinking it will be a lot like my Stewart Copeland snare.

Attachments

• downsized_0622141455.jpg
    downsized_0622141455.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Hi there! I have been internet searching for more information about it. I paid 200 dollars.

Might be a week or so before I can get around to putting heads on it. Looks like the original heads, batter is in kind of rough shape.

You didn't buy it, you stole it!
$200 is a spectacular deal for that drum. I had the exact same model, it's a great drum. Too bad the case is missing.
Congrats!

Thanks, all! I have been trying to figure this one out. This one is from the Limited Edition that WildBill linked to, one of 100 snares in the series. I am not sure what makes it different from other Millennium snares like the ones at Memphis Drum Shop. I cleaned it up with an old t-shirt and some 3-in-1 oil today, and will pick up heads on the way home from work tomorrow and post some better pictures for general interest. If anyone has head suggestions, I would appreciate some input!

As others have said $200 is a fraction of what this drum is worth. I have the same drum (with case) and I knew that the run was limited to 100 of each of the four varients. I'm curious to know whatyour serial number is? Ludwig appear to have run the serial numbers concurrently for either the two separate types - being Maple or Brass, or across the four lines. I'm just summising this my drum is #103.

Congratulations anyway. I think they are highly collectable and must be worth over $1K each. Not just that, the sound they produce is truly signature and exceptional. Of course, it's been my avatar on here for years!!

Ummm... high five! That's a great price for a beautiful snare. Well done!

Back