Show off your Peavey!

Further to my last post, I was satisfied with how my refinishing efforts turned out, but not overly thrilled with the colour - somewhat blan. So, I decided to refinish the kit again - much happier with the colour now.

Attachments

• IMG_6370.JPG
    IMG_6370.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_6421.JPG
    IMG_6421.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 236
Much more vibrant! A very crisp kit, & I bet it sounds great too. Any sound files/videos?

Unfortunately no videos or sound files, but I can confirm that the kit is very loud - even louder than my old RP501 kit. The toms (especially the 16") sound like rolling thunder; the bass has a nice deep punch to it and I get a worderfully crisp crack when I hit the snare. Perhaps it's the Aquarian heads - Studio-X on the toms, Hi-Energy w/ power dot on the snare and a Super Kick II for the bass.

As for a more vibrant colour, I agree. The custom stain that I had the paint shop mix up was an attempt (using their colour-match system) to duplicate the violet gloss colour I've seen on some RP1000 kits. The resulting reddish-violet (claret) that I got is actually slightly deeper in tone than what the pictures show, with a much greater "WOW!" factor IMO than the Vermont Maple colour that I had initially stained the kit. I guess I just like brighter colours - see Post #37 for my first refinishing effort with my previous RP501 kit. I was hoping for a burnt orange stain but ended up with the tangerine colour. Nonetheless, still nice and bright.

Back