Reso Heads for Starclassic Birch/Bubinga

I recently purchase a Tama Starclassic Birch Bubinga Kit (last week) and when I got home I noticed that the reso heads on the toms were Tama Power Craft 250 Hazy. The batter heads were all Evans G2. From everythng that I read the reso heads are supposed to be Evans G1. I have never heard of the Power Craft 250 Hazy. Has anyone else come across this and are these reso heads decent?

I recently purchase a Tama Starclassic Birch Bubinga Kit (last week) and when I got home I noticed that the reso heads on the toms were Tama Power Craft 250 Hazy. The batter heads were all Evans G2. From everythng that I read the reso heads are supposed to be Evans G1. I have never heard of the Power Craft 250 Hazy. Has anyone else come across this and are these reso heads decent?

Well, you've had your new drums for a week. How do they sound? If you like the sound, then I think they're all right. They are probably not going to be as nice as Evans G1's, but if they can be tuned and made to resonate, I think you have nothing to worry about. I would suspect that the Tama heads are their stock heads made in China, which I think are probably licensed through Remo.

Back