New Video: Chris "Daddy" Dave

Wow, his craziness reminds me of Bjork, just on the drums. What a genius! At times he seems having completely lost his rhythm but no, he's always spot on.

He's also being discussed (and liked) over on the Derek Roddy forum.
Yeah, some open-mindedness among drummers going on ;-)

Future of Drumming? I think so, B. I think he, along with players like Mark Guliiana, Deantoni Parks, are redefining drumset playing. While, there are a lot of drummers who have incredible individual styles in all genres, I find that these guys are playing it very differently.

Future of Drumming? I think so, B. I think he, along with players like Mark Guliiana, Deantoni Parks, are redefining drumset playing. While, there are a lot of drummers who have incredible individual styles in all genres, I find that these guys are playing it very differently.

Can you point me in the direction of Deantoni Parks great performances I've heard from so many people? Because its not with The Mars Volta, and even though I don't mind what he did with Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, he really isn't blowing me away. Not on the Chris Dave status in my eyes. If there is some sort of reference to so great drum work by Parks then I definitely would like to give it a shot though. =]

Back