What is your dream kit for 2009!

I JUST PLACED MY ORDER!!!!

Unix Stave Bubinga (high gloss candy black fade)

- Black chrome Die-cast Hoops
- Black Chrome Unix quick release lugs

24x17 (9/16") Kick
15x10 (1/2") Rack
18x15 (1/2) Floor
14x 8 (1") Snare

8 - 12 weeks until the beast is finished and I can't freaking wait. I just spend all day looking at pictures of anything made of Bubinga and drooling...

I have never, ever seen a 15x10 rack tom. I can't wait to see this kit!

I've never even seen a 15x10 either!!!, I just like where a drum 10" deep sits over a 24" kick for playability. For sound purposes I actually would have liked to go a little deeper, but I'm not the tallest guy in the world and I like to kinda "lord" over my kit and have my toms almost flat, so 10" it is.

The first thing I'm doing once I get my greasy hands on them is take 'em to my buddies studio and spend a few days recording them, so I'll definitely post up pics and sound clips and stuff when I'm done. I'm so freaking stoked!

Tama Starclassic Maple - Dark Cherry Fade
8x12 Rack Tom
14x16 Floor Tom
14 or 16x22 Bass (don't know which would be better. Any opinions welcome.)
6.5x14 Ludwig Supraphonic Chrome Snare with tube lugs.

Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass Power Glide Kick Pedal.
Roadpro Double braced Stands and hardware.

Zildjian Cymbals
21" A Sweet Ride
14" A Mastersound Hi-Hats
10" A Custom Splash
16" K Dark Med. Thin Crash
18" K Dark Thin Crash

14 or 16x22 Bass (don't know which would be better. Any opinions welcome.)

Once you mess around with a 14" depth for a while (with FULL FRONT HEAD), you won't go back, IMO. I was a "gotta have an 18x22" type until I happened upon a 14x22 original Yamaha 9000 that destroyed my DW 18x22 and MMX 18x22.

tama starclassic bubinga
piano white
black nickel hw
14x10 rack tom "left of kick" on snare stand
16x16 floor tom
18x16 floor tom
gong bass "left of hi-hat"
18x24 kick "virgin"
14x8 starclassic bubinga snare "white?" not decided
12x9 rack tom "for two up option"

cymbals "brand?"
15 inch hats
24 inch ride
15 inch crash
2 x 16 inch crash "not the same"
17 inch crash
18 inch crash
20 inch china

stands for everything
clear heads to show off the contrast of the bubinga and the piano white

Same "dream to play" kit I used in 2008 :}

Peace Kahuna 9 ply AA flame bubinga kit and a whole arsenal of Istanbul Agops at my disposal depending on what's needed in the studio or for live shows :

Stan: Is that an 18" bass drum or 16" bass? It looks so tiny (but cool)!

Stan: Is that an 18" bass drum or 16" bass? It looks so tiny (but cool)!

18" Robert. The depth is 16" and it's a virgin bass drum.

Pure 9 ply bubinga punch, warmth, depth on tone and thunder for a smaller bass drum.

Attachments

• Stans drumset 027.jpg
    Stans drumset 027.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,913
All I want it the Gretsch 125th anniversary Progressive Jazz kit in Cadillac Green. But I'd like it with gold plated hardware. Now when I win the lottery.....

Attachments

• Gretsch 125 Cadillac Green.jpg
    Gretsch 125 Cadillac Green.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15,441
I JUST PLACED MY ORDER!!!!

Unix Stave Bubinga (high gloss candy black fade)

- Black chrome Die-cast Hoops
- Black Chrome Unix quick release lugs

24x17 (9/16") Kick
15x10 (1/2") Rack
18x15 (1/2) Floor
14x 8 (1") Snare

8 - 12 weeks until the beast is finished and I can't freaking wait. I just spend all day looking at pictures of anything made of Bubinga and drooling...

You won't be sorry. ;)

you can buy 2 Ludwig SS kits for the price of that Tama kit.

Bonzolead

Oh, they are outrageously expensive. IMO, tama is gouging on the asking price for "Statement" or market prestige pricing. Not to mention Bonham never played a Tama, so there is no "legendary" connection.

Not as expensive as the canopus rocket shelled kit. MSRP for a 5-pc shellpack: $17,000.

You won't be sorry. ;)

I'm feeling very confident with my decision. After spending endless hours searching for my "perfect" kit, I was about to settle on a Tama SC Bubinga when I came across the Unix page. I had never really known all that much about stave shells, but after spending something like 2 hours on the phone with Frank I was sold. He was nice enough to put me in touch with someone he had previously built a bubinga kit for so I could go and try it out. So I sat in with a funk/blues band, drank some scotch and found the drumset of my dreams.

I had to sell my Ayotte Customs (cherry rosewood w/ matching wood hoops) to pay for these, but I kept my Keplinger (1st gen w/ wood hoops) because... well it's a Keplinger and I love that drum way too much to let it go, but as for the rest of the kit, I'm not regretting my decision one bit.

Oh, and by the way Zampizzi, you have great taste in drums. I was originally going to just order toms and a kick to go with my keplinger, but after seeing just how beautiful Unix drums sound and look, I knew I'd kick myself for not getting the matching snare.

Now the waiting game...

I'm feeling very confident with my decision. After spending endless hours searching for my "perfect" kit, I was about to settle on a Tama SC Bubinga when I came across the Unix page. I had never really known all that much about stave shells, but after spending something like 2 hours on the phone with Frank I was sold. He was nice enough to put me in touch with someone he had previously built a bubinga kit for so I could go and try it out. So I sat in with a funk/blues band, drank some scotch and found the drumset of my dreams.

I had to sell my Ayotte Customs (cherry rosewood w/ matching wood hoops) to pay for these, but I kept my Keplinger (1st gen w/ wood hoops) because... well it's a Keplinger and I love that drum way too much to let it go, but as for the rest of the kit, I'm not regretting my decision one bit.

Oh, and by the way Zampizzi, you have great taste in drums. I was originally going to just order toms and a kick to go with my keplinger, but after seeing just how beautiful Unix drums sound and look, I knew I'd kick myself for not getting the matching snare.

Now the waiting game...

That's awesome! It sounds like Frank's lead-times have shortened quite a bit - lucky for you! It's nice that you got to try it out first, also. I took a gamble having never played anything but maple...and I have zero regrets!

You won't be so attached to that Kep once you get your bubinga snare. I'm floored...it's amazing. I had it tuned way low for the first couple of weeks and it was great...I cranked it up a couple nights ago - this drum simply cannot be choked.

What type of hardware did you go with?

My dream kit could be one of two kits in the same sizes. I'd love a Craviotto or a Unix kit in the chocolate brown finish I've seen.

Sizes
Toms:
10" / 7"
14" / 11"
16" / 13"

Kick:
22" / 17"

Snare:
14" / 6.5"

Pretty standard

Tom

the kit i want but can never have is a dw blue twisted onyx.

Defenatly a Gretsch renown maple kit .......

My dream kit i think would be something like this.
Sonor SQ2 Heavy Beech shells with ebony veneer.
22x18 Bass
14x5 snare
13x13 rack tom
16x16 floor tom
18x18 floor tom

Back