Crush drums

What shop you work at brother? Is it at Ken Stanton?

Haha, nope. Guitar Center... a lot of people hate them for whatever reason so I usually just say "drum shop". Rest assured that I speak very highly of your kits (especially the acrylics) to customers. I'm glad you said you make your own acrylic sets... that is actually really cool and it seperates you from the pack.

Again, it speaks volumes that you are in here. Tama certainly hasn't taken the time to respond to the OP. If it were me, I would've gone Crush based on that alone.

Really,sight unseen..hhhmmmmm.

When was the last time you saw a Tama rep respond on a drum forum,besides the one Tama runs themselves?Or a rep from Ludwig,Gretsch,Yamaha,Ddrum,Pearl(their own forum excepted)............

I say let your eyes and ears decide,not forum participation level.....and I'm sure Chris from Crush would agree with that.

The fact that he's a fully engaged COO who walks the talk, is great ,and I applaude that,but the DRUMS should sell themselves...no?

Steve B

When was the last time you saw a Tama rep respond on a drum forum,besides the one Tama runs themselves?Or a rep from Ludwig,Gretsch,Yamaha,Ddrum,Pearl(their own forum excepted)............

I say let your eyes and ears decide,not forum participation level.....and I'm sure Chris from Crush would agree with that.

Steve B

Here's the thing: If the C.O.O. is actively participating in the forums, it's not crazy to think that he will be helpful for the actual customers, too. Even if I NEVER need to contact them, knowing that a company is there and is actively monitoring questions and concerns about their products definitely tips the scales in their favor.

Maybe I'm projecting but something tells me I'm not the only person on the planet who likes knowing the company cares and allows it to factor into my decisions. It's why I don't buy from Gibson or Mesa-Boogie anymore despite their stuff sounding good. You can always find different gear that sounds equally awesome to you.

Here's the thing: If the C.O.O. is actively participating in the forums, it's not crazy to think that he will be helpful for the actual customers, too. Even if I NEVER need to contact them, knowing that a company is there and is actively monitoring questions and concerns about their products definitely tips the scales in their favor.

Maybe I'm projecting but something tells me I'm not the only person on the planet who likes knowing the company cares and allows it to factor into my decisions. It's why I don't buy from Gibson or Mesa-Boogie anymore despite their stuff sounding good. You can always find different gear that sounds equally awesome to you.

Yeah, hats off to Crush for having a presence here, and any other forum for that matter. Shows they care about what drummers are thinking and talking about. With four high-end kits, I'm not in the market for a new kit at the moment but if Crush's products continue to improve, I'll definitely give them a look down the road.

Again, it speaks volumes that you are in here. Tama certainly hasn't taken the time to respond to the OP. If it were me, I would've gone Crush based on that alone.

Well, Tama has an established brand presence with plenty of experience and presumably much bigger scale of operations and profits- I would imagine they don't really need to. Cool thing for Crush to do but it doesn't change their drum sound, good or bad.

Well, Tama has an established brand presence with plenty of experience and presumably much bigger scale of operations and profits- I would imagine they don't really need to. Cool thing for Crush to do but it doesn't change their drum sound, good or bad.

Absolutely correct. The impression that I got from the OP was that he liked Crush but needed a push, so all I was doing is pointing out that one of the companies is faceless and one of them is actively in his thread answering his questions. If he ends up liking the sound of both Crush and Tama equally, he has that to tip the scale.

Absolutely correct. The impression that I got from the OP was that he liked Crush but needed a push, so all I was doing is pointing out that one of the companies is faceless and one of them is actively in his thread answering his questions. If he ends up liking the sound of both Crush and Tama equally, he has that to tip the scale.

i like both of em honestly and most of the drum companies :D they all make good sounding drums. my decision will be made by my ears :D

i just want to know how good the Crush drums in people opinion

Fine,then let his ears give him the push,not a post on a drum forum.That's the last reason to buy a drum set.

Steve B

I think that everyone should buy a set based on their own personal preference, i.e. - sound, quality, appearance, price point, etc.

I can only say good things about all the companies out there. I'm happy that as drummers we have SO many great drum manufacturers to choose from.

I really want to crack a joke about how I should be working and not posting on this site but I don't want it to be taken the wrong way. LOL

Guys, Crush is a small company of a group of regular guys that hang out. It's a fun place to work for sure.

Anything is possible bro. We plan on releasing colors slowly so that the new one is hot and once it settles down others will follow.
so basically only one color @ a time? appreciate the response also the sublime 26" kit is killer...\m/

keep swattin'
Bonzolead

I think that everyone should buy a set based on their own personal preference, i.e. - sound, quality, appearance, price point, etc.

I can only say good things about all the companies out there. I'm happy that as drummers we have SO many great drum manufacturers to choose from.

I really want to crack a joke about how I should be working and not posting on this site but I don't want it to be taken the wrong way. LOL

Guys, Crush is a small company of a group of regular guys that hang out. It's a fun place to work for sure.
you guys hiring?...lol

Bonzolead

Last edited by a moderator:
hey crush, i've sent couple of emails to you guys but have not been replied yet :(

Trust me when I tell you we aren't getting your emails. Where are you trying to send them from? We make sure to respond to every contact we get. It's part of our business plan!

so basically only one color @ a time? appreciate the response also the sublime 26" kit is killer...\m/

keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Yes Sir, one color at a time. The goal is to let them all do their thing for a while before entering something new to the line.

you guys hiring?...lol

Bonzolead

One day we will be for sure! We are a small company with each of us doing MULTIPLE jobs. I kid you not when I say that we all go into the warehouse to unload containers of drums when they arrive.

I've posted once here about Crush Drums before, but I'll add this : every experience I've had with this company has been one of unparallelled excellence. I first ran into Crush at Just Drums in Toronto, and for the price tag ($849 for 5-piece Chameleon Birch shell pack) these drums are top-notch. They were sweet, fat, and punchy - and very well-made. The other Crush kits I've played and lusted over (Acrylic, Sublimes) are enough to make even my jaded little heart go squee. I'm an old school Tama nut and Luddy lover, but the next kit I buy is Crush, hands down. Hell, they were even awesome when I won a Crush sticker on Twitter. Nice to see a company that actually walks the walk when it comes to listening to their poor old tubthwhacking customers. Cheers!

i sent them from the website

Something is up as we never got it. Feel free to send me a private message on here with your email in it so I can reply or send me your personal email address and I will hit you back.

I've posted once here about Crush Drums before, but I'll add this : every experience I've had with this company has been one of unparallelled excellence. I first ran into Crush at Just Drums in Toronto, and for the price tag ($849 for 5-piece Chameleon Birch shell pack) these drums are top-notch. They were sweet, fat, and punchy - and very well-made. The other Crush kits I've played and lusted over (Acrylic, Sublimes) are enough to make even my jaded little heart go squee. I'm an old school Tama nut and Luddy lover, but the next kit I buy is Crush, hands down. Hell, they were even awesome when I won a Crush sticker on Twitter. Nice to see a company that actually walks the walk when it comes to listening to their poor old tubthwhacking customers. Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words and we appreciate you being a member of the FAMILY!

My only experience with Crush drums was at a drum clinic here and I don't know the level of the kit but it had problems.. The boys in the store had to prop up one of the rack toms because the hardware wouldn't hold it. The plactic lugs, or lug coverings on the bass drum was also quite a turn off. I would hope that this was a one time problem and that the rest have improved. Competition is good for all. The Acrylic kit can't be beat for the price but it will take some years to see how they last.

Trust me when I tell you we aren't getting your emails. Where are you trying to send them from? We make sure to respond to every contact we get. It's part of our business plan!

Yes Sir, one color at a time. The goal is to let them all do their thing for a while before entering something new to the line.

One day we will be for sure! We are a small company with each of us doing MULTIPLE jobs. I kid you not when I say that we all go into the warehouse to unload containers of drums when they arrive.

Thanks again for the reply. you guys are based are based out of Tampa if i'm not mistaken kinda long drive from Detroit..lol also any new sizes for the acrylics (24,26,?) dying too see the red, great job guys wonderful drums..\m/(>_<)\m/

Bonzolead

My only experience with Crush drums was at a drum clinic here and I don't know the level of the kit but it had problems.. The boys in the store had to prop up one of the rack toms because the hardware wouldn't hold it. The plactic lugs, or lug coverings on the bass drum was also quite a turn off. I would hope that this was a one time problem and that the rest have improved. Competition is good for all. The Acrylic kit can't be beat for the price but it will take some years to see how they last.

Man, I'd love to find out what store that clinic was at so I can investigate as to what happened.

Thanks again for the reply. you guys are based are based out of Tampa if i'm not mistaken kinda long drive from Detroit..lol also any new sizes for the acrylics (24,26,?) dying too see the red, great job guys wonderful drums..\m/(>_<)\m/

Bonzolead

We plan on bigger kicks for the acrylics. Just need to make sure it's done right. We are working on it for sure though.

Any news on UK distribution? I think I read a tweet saying about September but I haven't seen anything since, and I messaged Sound Technology but I didn't here anything back. I'm dying for an Acrylic Snare haha.

Back