Show us your Custom BD Head!!

Here's my last two
This one I had vinyl letters cut from a kiosk guy at the mall.
IMGP0004-Copy-1.jpg

This one I created the artwork in photosop and had it printed on "car wrap" vinyl. The kind they use on bus ads. The best part is it peels right off once you quit the band!
DSCN0426-1-1-1.jpg

As promised I decided to show a couple of options of for my drum head art. I will probably do two kits, so tell me which one(s) you guys like the best.

Very cool design! I'm digging #1 or #2. I like the stars, but the larger band name might be worth the trade-off.

Very cool design! I'm digging #1 or #2. I like the stars, but the larger band name might be worth the trade-off.

Hey Jim, I was just thinking the same thing!!

Drumac: Why don't you go with one that has the LARGER font for the band-name, plus stars...maybe not as many .....but have the stars have that grey outline,...nice!!

I attatched the options. Can' wait to hear some feedback. The reason for the map idea is that our new album is titled "Dead Reckoning" in case anyone is curious.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Hey Drumac TVR Rocks!

The first one is the best. less is more plus the band name is easier to read. TVR - Rock On Man!

On a budget? Glass Chalk on a smooth glossy front head does the trick. Glass Chalk wipes off with water.

There's usually one artist in the band if you yourself can't draw a straight line. IMO, hand drawn graphics look more pleasing than hard line sign graphics on a BD head, it harmonizes with the music/art connection as opposed to music/advertising.

Glass Chalk is also great if your a mercenary playing w/multiple bands, saves time on head changes and the need for printing logo head$ that you can only use with that band etc.

Need hard lines? Invest in stencils, stock or custom. Another alternative w/stencils is removable spray paint
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/carart.html

Speaking of advertising. Club daters, Glass Chalk on your car windows is better than flyers on telephone poles/billboards and a lot easier. You get mega exposure, ground is covered driving around with your band name, gig spot, date etc. on your car windows. People look at it, lots of them. Gig over, washes right off w/soap and water. You cannot help but notice Glass Chalk on a car while driving, or parked somewhere in a high traffic area.

They also sell a banner kit...great idea, or buy the chalk and your own blank banner.

http://www.glasschalk.com/Glass Chalk/html/faq.html

Last edited:
Hand painted by one of my best friends...

also have a drumhead on my 18 that features multi colored geometric patterns that i drew. no pics of that though...

Attachments

• SS852036.jpg
    SS852036.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 1,612
Last edited:
here's mine. my bassists gal did it with some acrylic paint one day.
I much prefer hand drawn graphics over screen printed designs. just looks more natural and original.
and hey, check out our myspace :)

Attachments

• drums 025.jpg
    drums 025.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 1,680
keystones_head.jpg

www.DrumArt.com did a fabulous job on this, taking care that the Holz ring was placed just like an earring on the demon!

Bermuda

SANY6097.jpg

One I did...not as fancy as most of the others but what the heck...

Back