What's your Favorite fill from a song!?

Hey whats up Everyone!!! Whats your favorite fill from a song! like when you hear it you get chills everytime!!!..Mine would be the fill in baba o riley from the who..right after that part where he sings ''dont close your eyes, its just teenage wasteland" or something like that, then it busts out that fast awesome fill!! i love it!!!

A close second would have too be from jet, "look what youve done" right after the bridge, where the music stops and then theres singing, then he bust out that quick snare,rest,tom then w/e else he does...

So let me know whats your favorite fill off a song! and ill try too listen too it. And you never know it could become mine too:) peace!!

Re: Whats your Favorite fill from a song!?

Pretty much all of the fills from dazed and confused, those lightning fast drum rolls around the set. Amazing

one that stands out as brilliant to me is Carter Beauford of Dave Matthews Band in the central park concert album. during the song what would you say, the song cuts out to just drums for a fill, and its a stunning combination of double bass mixed with snare and splash accents. such a good feel to it

ZZ Top / La grange

The fill just before the main riff... ...

uncredible !!!

The End of AYA (Steely Dan) - played by Steve Gadd in one take....

Bernhard

Yeah, Aja..insane.

For less insane, but just awesome sounding, Steve Smith on Separate Ways

and its a bit cliche, but the breaks in Tom Sawyer, Neil Peart.

stu

There's one huge drum fill by Tim Alexander on Primus song:
"Professor Nutbutter's House Of Treats" from the album Tales from the Punchbowls, if you know the song you know which one I'm talking about.

One the song F*** You (An ode to no one) by Jimmy Chamberlin on the album Melloncolie and infinite Sadness from the Smashing Pumpkins, at the end before the guitar solo................insane INSANE.

And I love all drum fills by Michael Giles on the song "In the Wake Of Poseidon" from King Crimson.

Also on The Dave Matthews Band Central Park Concert, at the end of the song Crush Carter starts some nice interraction between his hi hat and snare, and suddenly Bam, his hands try to destroy 2 of his toms and his snare in a series of Cobham style singles rolls with incredible power and musicality.

Go Carter !

The last three seconds of the drum solo that pretty much dominates the song Frankenstein by Edgar Winter Group. I like the way he just beats the crap out if the snare on the way out.

CarterB_Junkie said:
Also on The Dave Matthews Band Central Park Concert, at the end of the song Crush Carter starts some nice interraction between his hi hat and snare, and suddenly Bam, his hands try to destroy 2 of his toms and his snare in a series of Cobham style singles rolls with incredible power and musicality.

Go Carter !

yea dude i know what your talking about, its like the song keeps going but he just kinda solo's through it...i dont know what that sticking pattern is called but its awesome and really fun to play, he uses it alot

It's a bit long, but there's a great part from Neil Peart in 'Red Lenses' -- from Grace Under Pressure.

Any fills by Jimmy Chamberlin or Jeremiah Green

Led Zeppelin - D'yer Maker basiclly all the fills John Bonham does but a good one is right after the guitar solo with the snare and then hits the high hat its basic but has a great sound

SOOOOOOOOOO many to choose...If I'm gonna say one I would say Danny Carey in "Crawl Away" (Undertow) off the top of my head...The part when it gets real soft then he does the crazy run between the toms and bass that starts soft then just erupts into a giant creshendo...It compliments Keenan's creshendo get up..get up..Get Up...GET UP...GET UP...WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Bittner-The Light that Blinds
Neil Peart-2112
Keith Moon-My Generation

For me it would have to be the one at the start of man in a suitcase by the police that would have to be my fave

What's up everyone? My first post on this site. Favorite fills: Bonham's triplet fills in 'Stairway' are incredible. Amazing how fast he was doing those. Man, there are so many. Here's one that might get me thrown off of this forum: Phil Collins' intro fill on 'In the Air Tonight'. I also love Buddy Rich's roll in the beginning of West Side Story from Rich At The Top.

Bonzo's fill after the solo in "Stairway To Heaven". How the hell does he do that!?

dothecrunge said:
Bonzo's fill after the solo in "Stairway To Heaven". How the hell does he do that!?

Yeah, that one is very similar to the fill in Separate Ways by Journey (Steve Smith).

That is my fave fill of all time!

stu

Back